40.

Chapter 40.
Doubts.

"Hello. I'm here to see Hassan Ali Khan." I mumbled to the receptionist who peeked at me and then frowned.

She went back to typing on the screen, then glanced at me again.

"Sir is actually with a client. Do you have an appointment, madam?" The brunette girl with a way too pretty dress and a complexion so clear that I could cry for days asked me.

I bit my lip.

"I'm his wife, do you think I need an appointment?" I replied and a surprised look crossed her face.

I just wasn't sure if it was a nice surprise or a not so nice one.

She suddenly looked a little scared, as if she had pissed me off.

"Oh. I'm sorry. Straight and then to the left mam." She said hurriedly and I gave her another polite smile.

"It's alright, I was just joking. I can wait if he's busy." I told her, knowing that it was Hassan's work place.

"No, no..go straight in. He's just with miss Lisa."

At the mention of Lisa, I groaned. Why did this stupid woman had to be here?

"Ugh."

The receptionist chuckled at my groan, then went back to doing her work.

I started walking towards the long hallway, Hassan's workplace seemed like somewhere out of movies. It was so calm, peaceful and yet the atmosphere was so professional.

I was about to take a turn when a blue eyed man, made a sound, stopping me. He had a small stubble and a playful face, eyes that yelled charm.

"Well hello beautiful, where are you off to?" Even though his words flattered me, I still raised my eyes at him.

"Do I know you?"

"Well, now you do. I'm Michael." Something about his confidence made me shake his hand, I smiled nodding.

"Anaaya." I told him my name.

"Anaaya? Pretty name for a pretty girl."

"Thanks random stranger." I chortled back, he leaned against the glass wall, making me stop in my tracks too as I relaxed.

He seemed nice enough to talk to. And I was clearly interested in talking to a gora.

"Are you here to see someone?" He questioned me, I nodded.

"Hassan Ali Khan." I replied. A passive look crossed his face.

"He's actually my senior. His office is on the left." He guided me.

"Thankyou." I mumbled even though I already knew the way since the receptionist had told me.

I started to walk away, towards Hassan's office when I heard him say someying yet again, causing me to turn around.

"He's with a client right now, though. And he gets pretty angry if someone disturbs him during work." He informed me.

Yeah man, tell me about it.

As if I didn't know about my workaholic husband and his pent up anger and frustration towards anyone who interfered.

"Don't worry, he knows not to mess with me." I responded, he laughed.

"You his sister or something?" I almost choked upon hearing that.

Clearly, nobody knew that he was married.