43.

Chapter 43.
Old lovers.

@AnaayaSheikh : 🙃🙃

"I can't believe you fed it chocolate

"I can't believe you fed it chocolate." Anaaya groaned laughing as Ahmad and her entered the house, her eyes coiled back chuckling as she remembered Ahmad feeding horses chocolates and candies instead of the food that they had been given.

"Even horses deserve dessert, baby. We came back pretty late though, didn't we?" He shot back, sitting down on the couch along with her.

She nodded. They had been late, pretty late yesterday.

"Yeah..Hassan was waiting when I came back." She informed him, shrugging as she remembered.

"Did he say anything?"

"Nothing, just shook his head, told me to take my meds and go to sleep."

Even though she acted casual in front of Ahmad, Hassan's disappointed face wasn't something she could ever forget.

"Such a sarru." Ahmad commented, making her frown at him.

"Heyy, he's my husband okay?" She defended.

"Haan toh? I mean, I've been here for seven days now and I have not seen him even once. And whenever I ask you where he is, you're like he's at work." Ahmad rolled his eyes as he spoke but it did leave Anaaya thinking.

Hassan gave her time, he did. But sometimes she wanted more from him and he couldn't give that to her.

Ahmad had been in London to meet his sister, according to Anaaya. But actually, he had been here to meet her. Ever since she had suggested her mother to bring along Ahmad, her mother had been on Ahmad's back asking him to visit Anaaya once before her.

She had heard the missing in her voice and she knew only her best friend could cure that.

Little did she know, Ahmad had other intentions.

"God knows how you're living with him, Anaaya. You're pregnant for fuck's sake. He should take care of you." At this, she maintained a defensive posture.

"He does. He takes care of me more than you know." She replied back softly, pulling her feet up on the couch. Ahmad mimicked her action.

"Well I would know if I saw it." He remarked.

"I mean, we all have work. He's not an exception but leaving your wife all the time for work, it's just pathetic." He rambled on and on.