39.

Eid Mubarak to everyone celebrating. Hope this Eid brings happiness and love to everyone. And eid Mubarak to me too haha!!

Vote and comment. Need em !!

Chapter 39.
Interviews.

The atmosphere in the grey colored room was almost the same as any other interview room. There were both men and women, sitting side by side, the men would check their hair and the women would check their lipstick, they would rummage through their files and check their CV's.

It was extraordinary. Seeing so many mature adults, nervous. It made me a little nervous too but I didn't let it show. The worse that could happen was not getting this job.

I would find another one. Someone in London would hire me. Right?

A woman sitting behind me kept clicking her tongue, as if she was running out of patience. Her mood extremely sour.

I wanted to tell her that waiting was a part of this process. They wanted us to wait so they would check whose patience would run out first. It was one of the many things that marked the criteria of a big magazine.

You had to be patient. Good things came to those who waited.

I had been preparing for this since a week now, how to carry myself in a country that wasn't mine. And how to win people over, how to tackle the ones that had the tendency to get racist.

After that argument with Hassan, both of us had been extremely careful. None of us wanted to fight after making up, since the makeup sex was mind-blowing.

If fighting brings us to this, I would gladly fight with you every day. He had mumbled after both of us had reached our climax.

Even thinking about it now made me blush. And I never blushed.

Hassan had been supportive of me this morning too. He had woken up before me, something he had always done. But this time, it was different. He had gotten breakfast from a place that he liked alot. Pineapple, waffles and orange juice. The waffles being the speciality in this case.

My morning sickness was also gradually fading away. The gynaecologist had told me I was almost eight weeks now, which meant I would still experience nausea and dizziness but not to a great extent.

My cell phone vibrated and I glanced at the screen. As I opened my cell phone, I came across several unread messages. Hassan's message being the most recent while the others were from last night.

I opened up his message first.

Hassan.

Did you get interviewed yet?

I responded rather quick.

Nope. Still waiting.

Hassan.

Alright, I'm about to go inside the court. Phone will be switched off.

I looked around, seeing more and more people coming in.

I glanced back at my cell phone, typing in a text.

Okay. All the best!

Hassan.

All the best to you too, babe. You got this!

I smiled at the encouragement and waited for my name to be called. After about a few more minutes, the girl on the reception desk called out my name and I was escorted towards the interview room.