32.

Yooooo!! Vote and comment. Long chapter but I hope you enjoy the drama.

Tell me what you think and don't forget to comment cause those make my day!!

Chapter 32
Family.

Hassan

Hassan sat on the edge of his seat, a coffee mug in his hand and his phone in the other. His hands roamed over the last two numbers on his speed dial.

Anaaya and Samantha.

His ego wanted to call Samantha, tell her to book him a flight. His heart wanted to call Anaaya, to tell her that he cared. That he cared enough.

He regretted the words he had said. His mind telling him he had gone too far. I wouldn't let something that's not even born get in the way of what I want in life.

His own words echoed in his brain. He had said that out of frustration..yes. But at the same time, he couldn't say that he didn't mean it.

A child and a disappointed wife. Clearly he was failing at this relationship thing already. He wasn't used to disappointing people and yet he had done it. To his own wife.

But Anaaya needed to understand too. This wasn't some normal thing. This was a big deal to him and she could have said yes. The opportunities in London were far bigger than any opportunity here in Pakistan.

And he had contacts. He could help her. But he knew she was too stubborn to get help anyway.

He wasn't one to drink alcohol. One, because he wasn't allowed to do so, in his religion. And two, because he didn't really like it much to drink it.

So when he got called out by his friend twice, getting asked to have just a sip or two, he refused.

Samar was his oldest friend. Someone he had known from the day he started studying in London Law School. He started off as his room mate, then as his fellow Pakistani group partner and then as a friend he could rely on.

He didn't have alot of friends. He had clients, fellows, social friends but not the ones who you would call and text and tell all your worries too.

Samar, however was different. He didn't need to ask Hassan what was wrong. He could read it in his posture.

Samar sat on the chair opposite to him and looked at his friend.

"Feels like old times, doesn't it? You and me, working in the same firm." He remarked and Hassan looked at him.

"Mhmm." He hummed and went back to his zone.

"I thought you must be ecstatic. I mean..that's all you had ever wanted." He commented again.

He didn't understand Hassan's lack of happiness or excitement. He wasn't the kind of person to squeal in excitement everyone he achieved something but he also wasn't the kind to just stay so glum.

"I am happy. It's just," He hesitated. Would it be so bad to share his thoughts with his friend?

"It's just that at first I was the only one I made decisions thinking about. Now I have another person."

He replied.

Samar nodded in understanding.

"I understand, man. My own wife took four months to come around the idea of adjusting in a new country." A wave of curiosity took over him.

He narrowed his eyes.

"And how did she get convinced?" He questioned.

"For Eira." Samar was talking about his four year old daughter.