41.

Chapter 41

Chapter 41.
Four more months.

Anaaya

Dear Sana,

Or Ayesha,

Or Zara,

To my little girl,

Or boy,

You're about five months old now. I can't say that I'm not excited to see you now because I am. There's this sudden rush in my mind and this warmth in my heart, I don't think I've loved someone I've never seen, but you are an exception.

Only because you're a part of not just my body, but also my soul.

I want you to know that you are going to be the most beautiful baby ever. You're going to have a home, you're going to be loved, you're going to be happy.

Your father and I weren't ready to have you, but it seems like God had other plans. He's really excited to meet you though, I can tell.

He's a busy man and I'm a working woman but I know that we will do just fine.

I promise you, you'll have a family that will always love you.

I can't wait to hold you, my baby.

Just four more months.

See you soon.

I penned down my thoughts, my way of letting out whatever I felt.

It had been three months since I moved to London and five months since I came to know I was with a child.

The transition from being a single independent free girl to a married working woman and now to a mother to be, was sometimes overwhelming for me.

But at the same time, it felt like I was growing up. And that's what mattered.

I took a sip of the green tea that was placed in front of me as I searched for content that other magazines had done, just so we could do something different.

I was still in the process of doing so, when I received a text message from my husband.

Free? Grab lunch with me.

His text read. I looked at the heaps of work in front of me, there was still ko content for this month's issue, I had to finalise the draft for the articles that came under my supervision and my very own piece was not even ready.

Still, my stomach growled with hunger and my heart yearned for my man who I hadn't seen in almost two days.

Since Hassan had gone to Bradford to meet a witness and I had been at work when he arrived back, I wasn't even able to see him.