Chapter seven

Annetta's POV

Scrolling through my phone has always been something I enjoyed thoroughly but when my mind was too occupied, there was no point.

Holding the contents that I brought for my new home, I begin to make my way home as I would. It's been a few weeks since I've last encountered anyone to be honest, and in these two weeks was a time for me to cleanse and detox and that was done through unpacking and organising my home, somewhere I hoped to live in for more than a year instead less because that's what tends to happen.

I haven't spoken to Destefano in weeks and surprisingly, he had not yet visited me which I presumed that he finally was off my back. It was a thought that relieved me, I was free from his demands, his conniving manipulation and his trap. I did not want anything to do with him at all.

As I walk further, reaching near my home, something drew my attention. In fact, not only my attention was drawn but every single person on this street was alarmed by loud screeches of tyres from a couple of cars. I halt in my step as I glance over my shoulder for a second, a black pickup truck was zooming down the road as well as a black SUV. For a moment, I look away as I reached a turning point, which was my cue to leave but as I glance over my shoulder once again, my heart jumped out of my fucking throat.

As the SUV neared me, the door swung open and then the car came to a screeching halt in front of me. In that moment, I knew I had to run because these people were here for me. I had no idea who they were or what they wanted but all I knew was that I had to run. My hands released all the bags and it all clattered on the floor, I then turn around and attempted to run however, one of those men that jumped out of the car managed to grab hold of me. When he did, he shoved me in the car.

"What the fùck! Get off me!" I scream as he wrapped his arms around my torso and picked me up before he began to run towards the car. The man was covered head to toe, not one ounce of his features showed as he wore something to cover his face.

I kick and scream as I claw his hand trying to escape, my heart pounded in my chest. Each bystander watched me as I was forced into the SUV and some even attempted to call for help but it was too late. Once I was shoved in, the car immediately began moving.

"¡Cállate perra! ¡Te voy a matar ahora mismo si no cierras tu maldita boca!"

A man with a thick accent shouts as the car swerved through the streets, sending us all tumbling side to side in the car. I try to reach from the door to open it to escape but I failed when one of the men grabbed my arm and clenched it in his grasp, restricting me from moving this time.

"Ah! Te ne pentirai!"

"Shut the fuck up putta!"

After what felt like years, the car finally came to a halt. Immediately, I begin to scrutinise my surroundings as I remained cautious. There was no way I knew any of these men because none of them were familiar to me. I had my guesses that they might be Destefano's men but surprisingly, it wasn't. My heart palpitates as all the men that sat in this car left, leaving me alone. The deafening silence caught me off guard because it was all so sudden, my intuition told me to run because my life was at stake right in this moment.

"Fuck!" I shout as I attempt to open the door but as I expected, it was locked. I kick it, trying to break the glass windows but it didn't work, instead it was brought to my attention that we arrived at a warehouse. An old abandoned industrial unit that seemed as though would be a perfect spot to murder a woman and dispose of her body because nobody would find it.

Panic pools me as I roam my eyes around, I begin to panic as I think about the ways to get myself out of this situation. Just as I was on the verge to lose it, the car door swung open and much to my surprise, a familiar face was watching me.