Chapter thirty

⚠️ Warning ⚠️ this chapter is intended for 18+ readers.

Annetta's POV

That was a weeks worth of delectable food, wasted as I throw it in the trash can.

I returned back to my condo just to collect my things because I learnt that I was moving to the estate temporarily, until Destefano and Lorenzo had fucked off. Spending a second in my own home was considered dangerous because since Destefano is searching for me, he could have eyes on this place. But a second was not enough for me. The moment I stepped in my home, a foul stench reached my nose. It not longer felt homely or safe, it just felt like a trap. I tried to ignore it and grab my things but it was unbearable therefore, I decided to empty the refrigerator and the cupboards filled with food.

Dante instructed me to get my things and insisted for help but I refused. I was not incapable, I had it in me to fight any motherfucker who tried to.

And just thinking about triggering my natural instinct, a knock on the front door suddenly had be guarded and ready.

"Dammi una fottuta pausa." I mumble to myself, grabbing my kitchen knife and reaching the door. My nerves bundles in my stomach because although I was not scared, I was also not prepared. If this was Destefano and his bitches, there was a possibility that I'd be taken. My stomach hurt as my steady feet get into position, I lurch forward and open the door. As soon as I did, relief consumed me.

Glaring at me with those icy and hostile eyes, Fabio stood at the front door. My chest raised and falls with each deep breath I took because I was actually intimidated. Fabio notices and only emphasised the emotion he displayed right now, anger. I watch him, study him and notice his change of clothes, which reminded me that I should change mine too.

"What are you doing here?" I groan, walking away from him back to my kitchen island. "You're not supposed to be here. I'm heading to the estate."

When I stopped at the island, I turn around and study Fabio once again. He stood in front of the door and did not move at all. His chest expands each time he breathes, widening his broad shoulders. My eyes falls to his hands, those strong hands I felt and noted that they were clenched in a fists, indicating the mood he was in right now. Fabio's face said it all but his body only emphasised it.

"You're not attending the gala, and that's final."

"I'm not going to discuss this with you." I scowl. I look away from him and head to my bedroom where my belongings were yet to be packed. "If you have such a problem, take it to Dante."

"This does not involve Dante, so his opinion is not relevant. This involves you and me." He states. Soon, irritation swells me as I witness this big baby bitch have his first tantrum of the fucking day. I was too tired for this, my mind was exhausted arguing with the one man that understood nothing. It was like a barricade, a fucking wall. I turn around and face him, I run my hand through my hair and scowl under my breath. When I reached closer to Fabio, I glare up at him and blink.

"I'm going to that gala whether you like it or not. I don't care what you want, in fact nobody gives a fuck so I suggest you man up and fucking deal with it."

"Man up?" He quizzed, his face was stern and rigid as he clenched his jaw and began to tremble. His eyes narrow down on me, glaring down on me, frowning down on me. It was like as if he was ready to kill me at this very moment with one glare. Fabio lurched forward and grabbed me but instantaneously, my intuition kicked in; I fought back. But it still wasn't enough. Unfortunately, Fabio pushed me around and bounds both my hands behind me with a restraint. I snapped out of my trance the moment I felt hard restriction against my hand, I could no longer move them. "I'll show you what I can do."