Chapter twenty two

Annetta's POV

One of the many reasons I moved away to California is to be independent, and do things in my accord. I wanted to live without having parents breathing down my neck, sharing with my sister and most definitely, without some fucker disrupting my sleep.

With my hands rolled into a fist, I rub my eyes and wonder, who the fuck was breaking my door down during the middle of the day?

I stumble out of bed but take my time, I wasn't going to struggle for nobody, sleep was important to me and I was definitely going to take my time if somebody decided to disrupt my sleep like this

I lazily saunter to the front door, clutching onto my satin robe that I grabbed before I left my room and wrapped my half naked body with it. My feet tingles the moment it touched my floors, the floor was cold, sending a wave of coolness to my body, waking me up. I reach for the door and open it, my jaw locked and immediately, I experience my first emotion of the day.

How could one wake up and immediately feel anger?

Three men dressed in black suits stand in front of my apartment door, watching me like as if I was the one to invade their home. All three men had a pair of black sunglasses but it was not on their face. The two stood at the back was like a statue, like as if they were guarding the bald man who stood closer to me. My eyes began to study them although they were forced out of sleep. These men were huge, definitely strong and trained to do this type of shit. They all had an ear piece attached to their ear, the clear wire disappeared into their clothes, probably concealing a recording device. Suddenly, my guard had risen because I couldn't figure out who they came from.

"Can I help you?" I queried, throwing the bald man a quizzical stare. My toes curl up as trepidation fills me, for the first time, I felt intimidated by men.

Lies.

"Annetta Moretti?" He grunts, a deep frown weighs down his brows and his deep voice echoes throughout my apartment. My heart raced when the man pushed the door and strides in, I stumble back and watch all three men in horror. Once they were in, all of them began to inspect my home, beginning at my room.

"What the fuck?" I mumble under my breath, "Who are you?"

The bald man returned to my studio room, satisfied with his inspection because he did not find anybody here. Anger swells within me but I wondered, although these men were guards, obviously, who the fuck gave them the permission to enter my home like this? "We have arrived on Mr Moretti's orders." He grunts and then pulls out a phone, automatically my jaw clenched. "You have been tasked."

"Tasked?" I scoff incredulously, "What the fuck?"

The bodyguard throws me a scowl, like he has already had enough of me. I was not scared, I was baffled, thrown and fucking angry. If Mr fucking Moretti needed me, he could reach me himself. Was this necessary?

"Listen here lady, we don't want to cause disruption or harm. We have a job to do, and that is to get you to complete your job." He claims, my eyes train on him as he lectures me and all I could think of doing is starting a war, in my own comfort zone but then thought, perhaps it probably is not a good idea. "You will have approximately five hours to get ready." I sever the eye contact I held with the bald bodyguard when suddenly, the door to my apartment swings open. A man, probably in his late twenties strides in with bags and a wheeler of sparkling dresses. My head turns all the way when I follow his moves with my eyes, I was confused, what the fuck is going on? "I will return to take you to your destination."

The man began to walk away, towards the door to leave but I stop him because like the curious bîtch I was, I needed answers. "Where am I going?" I pipe. He stopped and watches me, this time he was closer to me than before, close enough for me to scrutinise his emotions. This angry look did not suit him, his eyes were soft.