Chapter nineteen

Annetta's POV

What do you call it when you think too much about something, going back and fourth with your decisions, changing your story, or your thoughts every second or minute?

Contradicting? Contradictories? Contradictions? A fucking bitch that is in a battle with her own mind?

Mind of contradictions.

That's it.

I jolt when a large door slammed right next to my ear but when I snapped into reality, that door was nowhere near me. My feet tingled in my shoe, something pricked my skin and it was uncomfortable to move. A scowl rumbles from me, I reached for my dead foot and massage it for a second. A heavy set of foot step had me reclining back in my seat and suddenly, I felt a bundle of nerves just daring to explode in my stomach. It was a housekeeper.

After I visited Destefano at his estate that very day, that night, I met with Dante alone and informed him about everything. It's been a few days since because Dante had instructed me to keep away from the Lombardi estate as we speculated that Destefano's men could be watching me. I remember the vivid expression Dante held as I informed him about this, he didn't seem surprised or fazed. It seemed as though he was expecting this, which was not hard to decipher as its typical of Destefano to ask for something like that. Which definitely made us wonder and prepare for a hurdle. But right now, I was in the estate, finally after many days because I was summoned here. I was actually escorted here because I was not allowed to travel here on my own car.

I really do wonder who the fuck instructed this.

Take a fucking guess Annetta.

With a bored sigh, I rest against the arm rest of this comfortable chair that was situated outside of Dante's office. It's been half and hour since I got here and nobody has seen me yet. I was conflicted with myself, whether I should just stand up and leave or sit and wait, or just storm into that fucking office. But then, I decided to give it another two minutes and then I would leave.

Literally, two minutes later, the huge mahogany door opens, creaking like it was the worlds most ancient item. My gaze follows up as a set of heavy footsteps reach my ears, causing my body to become rigid. My body froze when Julián steps out abruptly, his gaze hardening on me after they searched the hall, he lifts two fingers up in the air and gestures for me to walk to him.

"Si accomodi."

I roll my eyes as I stand up on my feet, a tired sigh rumbles out of me as I saunter to the mahogany door, entering when he held the door for me. One thing I've established for sure is that Dante had trained his men very well, with their mannerisms to their knowledge of the mafia, however, I fucking beg to differ with at least one of them. When Dante commanded me to stay away from the estate for a few days, I was completely fine with it because it would keep me away from this. But am I stupid? Was I stupid for not expecting to see him here? Yes, you stupid bitch!

As I walk in, I felt a scowl, that felt all too familiar and instantly, I wanted to leave because when my gaze sweeps across the room, my eyes landed on his. I caught Fabio glaring at me like he loathed the idea of my presence, that he was unsatisfied that I wasn't six feet under, or murdered by him. But it didn't bother me, he didn't faze me, not anymore. As long as he is not near me.

What the fuck was I expecting anyway? He is the mafia. Of course he would be here.

Finally having a few day break from Fabio, after enduring the most uncomfortable days on a deserted island with Fabio, I learnt to appreciate the presence of other people I regularly see in my life, except for Destefano. Fabio made my life like hell, in many ways, even if he was in it for a second. I blink at him impassively, tired of his deathly glare and then I turn my attention to Dante, who was busy on his laptop.