Chapter twenty six

⚠️ Warning ⚠️ this chapter is intended for 18+ readers.

Annetta's POV

Anticipation, trepidation, tension.

All of it, consuming my body, eating it bit by bit. Slowly, making me ill. It's been like this for a week, the constant thoughts of Destefano and Mario reaching me to kill me because I couldn't do one job for them. That attack in Utopia club definitely fixed my fate, I knew it would because whatever I did, Destefano was not pleased with it.

When you stop lying to me....

He knew.

When we arrived in Poland, Destefano immediately locked me into a condo. A pleasant one, the only thing keeping me sane for now. I've resided here for nearly a week now and not once did Destefano stop by to update me or inform me about anything. I had my doubts, as I should. I didn't believe Destefano on his word about our location. Although I could just glance outside and have a look where we are but I couldn't really figure much out because I've never been to Poland to recognise what it looks like. Frustration fills me every second and my emotions hit me every hour, I was tired of this.

I lay on this comfortable bed, swinging my legs around as I contemplate what to do. I need a plan, I need to be one step ahead of Destefano or I will be defeated by him. I froze on the bed when my ears caught a commotion. Suddenly, my guard was up and instantaneously, I leap off the bed and slam my bedroom door shut.

The front door was definitely tampered with and I can only guess who did this. Destefano locked me in, so he must be the one to unlock the door but the only question lingering in my mind was that, did he not have a fucking key?

Judging by the small commotion, it seemed as though Destefano broke the door down. A chilling thought crossed my mind, that what if it wasn't Destefano who entered right now?

My growing suspicions were burning me when I heard footsteps, slowly walking through the apartment. I knew that whoever was here, was inspecting the surrounding areas, probably searching for me. I quickly lock the door and step away, my cold feet tingled as fear engulfed me. My toes curl up and my fingers begin to sink into the palm of my hands. I gape at the door with abject terror, sweat trickled down my face and my breath hitched. It could be anyone, somebody who wants to kill me.

I glance over at the window and inspect myself, they were huge enough for me to get out of but the only problem was that if I jump, I will jump to my death.

Either way you fucking die.

I threw my glare back at the brown mahogany door when the bastard on the other side of the door grips the handle and then rattled it, in an attempt to open the door. I jog to the bedside table and rip out the lamp and then return to the door. My chest hurt, it heaved as I feel my body preparing to fight for whatever is left of my life. When I die today, at least I would die fighting, exactly how Destefano said it would be.

How ironic.

My eyes swells with disbelief as I watch the scene in front of me unfold. My finger painfully grasp onto the base of the lamp when a silent gunshot resonates and the door just opens ajar. What the fuck? What the fuck! Motherfucker arrived prepared! Why did I not think somebody could shoot a door down? I wasn't prepared.

The door opens and I see a feet, gloved in a perfectly shined black shoe. I hold my breath and pick up the lamp as high as I could to throw it at my potential killer but when the person slides through the door, I froze.

My eyes widened with shock, my body was sent into a state of shock. I breathe and only realise how much relief I felt at this moment. Although I hated this man, at this moment I felt at peace watching him, standing before me because I knew he is the only one that could keep me safe right now. I felt assured that I would get out of here, alive. I exhale out and was able to hear my heart drumming in my ears, and I knew all the colour in my face drained out. I look away from him and lower the lamp down as I catch my breath, once my breath was stable, my gaze returned to the one and only, Fabio.