Chapter twenty four

⚠️ Warning ⚠️ this chapter is intended for 18+ readers.

Annetta's POV

Life and death.

Should be two different worlds but for me, it's the same.

Waking up everyday is like a task to comprehend because I wonder every single day how I wasn't dead yet? Why am I not dead yet? What have I done to live another day? I'd really love to know so I could do something fucking different!

"He's awake."

I blink to rid of the heavy reverie that I fell victim to and inhale a deep breath. Sleep was heavy on my eyes but I rub the feeling away because of what Tony announced. Everyone in the room bounced up from their seats except for me because I knew the bastard would survive. I didn't harm him enough to end his life. Rosalina, his mother sighed with relief but something about her expressions indicates that she wasn't as worried as I'd anticipated her to be. It seemed as though she'd experienced this before, and obviously her son survived an attack like this. The one thing I could decipher was the disappointment that she quite obviously displayed. She wasn't happy.

"He's going to be alright, Fabio is going to be just fine." She mumbles, returning back to her seat.

"Exactly Mamma, which is why you didn't need to return back to the states, we had everything sorted here." Tony says as she approached his mom. And he was right. A part of me felt a little guilty for causing this because it had Rosalina rush back to the states from Paris. The second she learned about Fabio's attack, she arrived.

"I know, I know." She mumbles, "I better go see him before I leave."

"Mamma, wait." Tony interjects, stopping his mother from heading to his room. "He specifically asked to see Annetta first. Alone."

Instantaneously, my guard has risen, this definitely woke me up. I begin to shuffle in my seat, wondering why he wanted to see me first but then, my stomach was engulfed with an uncomfortable sensation, it hurt. Of course he wanted to see me first, I fucking shot the man. All eyes reached me but I avoid them because my focus was on Tony.

"Is..everything alright?" I ask,

"He's fine. He just asked to see you first." Tony informed me but his tone turns out to be questionable, like he was in doubt. "Annetta, is there something we should know? Fabio isn't talking and we're all worried."

"Tony, He was shot. Targeted. What do you expect him to do? Dance?" I ask sardonically, "Let me speak to him, I might be able to get through him."

Tony inclined when he steps to a side to clear my way, and I walk with a burning sensation bubbling at the pit of my stomach. However, as I was half way there, Tony stops me once again to hand me Fabio's medication.

Fucking baby.

First he asked me to be his bitch, now he had become a bitch.

On my way to Fabio's bedroom, I felt my heart slowly pumping in my chest. Adrenaline rushed to my veins, as much as I was intimidated by the idea of seeing him, after I hurt him, I still decided to stride through his room with confidence because I knew he couldn't touch me the way he would desire to. He couldn't harm me with his injured knee, he was very much incapable.

I entered his room and the moment I did, a cold breeze brushed against my skin, making my body summon goose bumps, driving my nerves insane. His door announces my entry when it creaked and echoed throughout his room. It didn't take me long to find him, through one sweep, I spot him glaring at me as he sat on his bed with an injured leg.