Chapter fourteen

Annetta's POV

My breath was shaky as I blanched, I was sure I was pale because I had not expected to see him.

While he stood in front of the door blocking my path to freedom, I scrutinised him in a short period of time. He wore the same clothes as he did when I left him at the jet. I didn't and couldn't really inspect anything else but his face which was watching me with a spiteful and bitter glare. He clenched his jaw as he held something in his right hand, something I couldn't see. His posture was intimidating and his eyes were red and split into two. He seemed beyond angry, like he didn't want to be fucked with at the moment. He was glaring at me like as if he was ready to attack me or kill me.

He was murderous.

"No..." I whisper to myself in disbelief and stare wide-eyed at the devil. Panic flooded through my system as I felt my throat quiver, how did he find this place?

Before I wondered anymore, I knew I had to get away from him, pronto! So, I run towards the other direction, away from him and into one of the master bedrooms. Fear engulfed me like fire when I heard and felt Fabio running after me as I too run. I scream down the condo, my throat burned when the screech lashed out of my throat. I reach the window however, just as I reached for the latch, Fabio wrapped his arms around my stomach from behind and yanks me away from the window.

"Stop! No! Get off!" I yell, "Let me go!"

As I endeavour to fight him off me, Fabio grunts when he stumbled to the bed which was situated in the middle of the room and threw me on it. My shaky breath skipped when I gather myself and glance up at Fabio who cocked his gun and pointed it at me which immediately silenced me. I quickly move back, flinching away from him while my hands sink into the mattress, tears streamed down my face as I watch him, I had no idea I was crying. Fabio stood at the foot of the bed with his gun aim towards me, on the edge to shooting me. His long callous fingers laced around the gun like a professional, I was convinced that today was my death day. His lips thinned but they quivered with nothing but menacing anger, I knew his intentions were pure evil. He has had enough. His grey eyes widened with pure vexation, only making them reach a few shades darker. The only thing that can be heard in this quiet room was my shaky breath and pants.

"I don't think you understand what an alliance means Tesoro, do you want me to explain to you?" As his accented voice penetrates my ears, my stomach drops once again. I continue to quiver when I try to catch my breath, I glance at him and feel my jaw clenching slowly and automatically, his voice was laced with malice. He towered me with his frame even though he was nowhere near me. His hand was clenched around the gun, making his prominent vein bulge out, leaving a trail as it continued under his sleeves. I could see my chest heaving so fast and erratically and so could he, which probably provoked him more since he preferred it when I was in a vulnerable state. When I didn't answer, Fabio continued. "It means you and I have reached an agreement that would benefit the both of us."

"I don't want anything from you!" I spat and glare at him, arresting him with a vengeful glare. His eye twitches while he scrutinises me, as I fall apart. "Go and tell Dante what I've been up to, I don't give a fùck, as long as I'm far away from you."

When I finish with a shaky breath, Fabio and I continued to glare at each other in silence. Words could not describe how much I loathed this fucker, only my actions would justify it. As seconds go by, Fabio's glare was becoming even more challenging and sinister and at some point, I was convinced that he would finally kill me and release me out of his captive.