TALENT AND QUESTIONS

CHAPTER 6

Talent and Questions

Living out of a barn was definitely not the most ideal living situation, as Mark soon learned. Yet it was the only choice he had, and therefore, he was thankful to have that by the time his second day there came around. For once though, Mark didn't feel the loneliness he'd felt since his father had died. In fact, he felt a certain comfort at being surrounded by several mechs. With the exception being Crosshairs, who rarely said a word to him, and Mirage who went out of his way to ignore him at the present. On the upside, the other Autobots seemed very kind and even, dare he say it, welcoming. With Bumblebee being especially kind, and by far the youngest of the group.

Staying under the care of Hound was definitely the most interesting part about it. As the mech treated him well, and took care of him more now that they were in the same area constantly. He made sure he was comfortable, even having gotten him a few changes of clothing for when he did leave. And the fact he had gotten him a pillow and blanket was also a welcome feeling as well. To tell the truth, the more time they spent together the more he was beginning to think he really could trust him. But it was still a slow going process, as much as he wanted to trust him fully, he needed more time, without a doubt.

He spent most of his time as he did in the theater, drawing. It was the gift he'd been given, and practicing seemed to be the one thing that normally calmed him down. For the most part, the Autobots didn't snoop, but on occasion, one would. "Whatcha doin'?" Came a childlike voice as Bumblebee stepped up behind him from where he was seated on his makeshift "bed".

"Nothing!" Mark practically shouted, trying to close his sketch pad which Bumblebee playfully picked up "Bee!"

Bumblebee began to look it over carefully, and smirked. "You've got real talent, kid." A voice clip chimed in "You should totally do something with it, someday."

Mark smiled a bit, pushing his hair away as his cheeks turned red. His father had always said the same thing, but this was the first time anyone else pointed it out. "Thanks, Bee." Mark replied "I guess I'm okay. Dad used to say I was really good but my art teacher thought I could use some work." Bumblebee tilted his head at him curiously "What? I think we all need practice really. Even famous artists have to practice once in a while."

Mark had to smirk as the sound of "Rock Star" by Smash Mouth erupted from Bumblebee. The Autobot cut it out after a moment and simply seated himself beside the young human. Mark had to hand it to Bumblebee, he had quite the way of making a boy feel welcomed in a place where he wasn't totally sure he was. "You know, I really do want to be an artist someday. Comic books, or cartoons, something like that." Mark told him "Someday when I'm eighteen and I can't get caught or whatever."

"I'd be first in line for that." Mark laughed as Bumblebee gave a thumbs up, he looked up slowly as Drift motioned him over "Gotta head on out, little britches." He said with a cowboy voice "The bosses are calling me into work."

"Alright, Bee. Seeyah."

As Bumblebee left, Mark found that the smile he had on his face did not leave. Bumblebee definitely had that effect on him, the ability to make him smile and happy for a change. The same could be said about Hound too. "He's right, ye know." Speak of the devil, he turned to Hound "Yer just like Sideswipe's brother, Sunstreaker is with the artistic side of things." He shrugged "I was never an artistic mech myself."

Mark shrugged, and looked it over. "I think Bumblebee was overdoing it. I'm not that great, I'm just okay..." He explained as he started to continue his drawing "I mean it's supposed to be you... But I get the helmet wrong all the time." He explained, looking over at Hound "And your optics don't look centered enough." He added.