SECRETS AND STORIES

CHAPTER 12

Secrets and Stories

"He was a jerk!"

"From what you told me I'm not going to argue."

Mark seated himself down in the human sized chair in Hound's office. He was annoyed, severely annoyed in fact, at both Coulton and the rest of the panel that didn't seem to listen to him. "I mean he actually tried to imply that you didn't care about me at all and I was brainwashed or something!" Mark added in frustration "I really wanted to punch in the face, and I would have if I knew I wouldn't be sent to juvie."

"Well that couldn't be further from the truth." Hound reassured him "Seeing as you're single-handedly the most important thing in my life at the moment." Mark smiled a little at that "So you don't need to listen to him at all, he's simply a cold, cruel man. One that should no longer be serving on the NEST board." He grunted "You're so far from brainwashed for that matter."

"I know." Mark replied with a sigh "It just hurt that someone said that to me is all."

"If I had been there, he'd have gotten more than a bad word thrown at him."

Mark didn't doubt that much, knowing Hound's protective nature of him. It was clear that the mech had a very protective nature when he came to most people he cared about, but with him there was something deep. He guessed it was because of his age, though he had never outright asked. "It's okay, Hound, I can defend myself." He replied "I didn't put up with his crap."

"That's m'boy." Hound chuckled "If ye hand't, I'd have been disappointed with you."

"You're encouraging letting an authority figure have it?"

"No." Hound looked thoughtful "Yes." He then added "Honestly, I'm a little torn when it comes to that situation."

Mark only snorted a bit as the door to Hound's office slid open. Mark almost didn't want to meet the stare of Crosshairs, unsure of how he was taking the news of him being there. "Well, well, well..." Crosshairs began as he looked over at the young human "Good to see you again, Mark." Mark arched his eyebrows "Don't look so surprised. You're going to be living with us for a long time now, I have to try and get along with you."

Mark rolled his eyes, and leaned back. "I really missed that optimism of yours, Crosshairs." Mark replied "You really should think of raising a kid yourself." He added sarcastically.

"I thought about it, but then you came around. And I realized just how much better I have it this way."

Mark actually had to laugh at the mech's obvious joke. And for once, he did notice the playful smile that seemed to tug at the mech's lips. Perhaps Crosshairs was serious about getting along with him now, after all, he and Hound seemed to be friends. "Was there something you needed besides mocking my ward?" Hound jested at Crosshairs "I'm busy, y'know."

"Oh, I could hear from out there." Crosshairs snorted "I'm sorry to interrupt your wonderful trash talk." Hound rolled his optics at that "But Lennox wants you to look at these plans for the raid on that possible Decepticon outpost in Africa." He explained, putting a data pad on his large desk "If you're still leading the strike team for that raid."

"Indeed I am." Hound noted, taking the data pad "That it?"

"Mmmmhmmm." Crosshairs replied "Oh wait, no. We also have a problem with the Dinobots." Hound raised an optic ridge "That's what we've dubbed the "Legenndary Warriors" Optimus released." He explained "We got them to come back to NEST with us finally, but they aren't exactly... Enjoying the accommodations." Hound rolled his optics absently at that.