HONESTY AND REVELATIONS

A/N: So, I thought I'd put this here. School starts again in two days for me! BOO! So this means that updates on this and my new story "A DIFFERENT PATH" will become less frequent. The reason? I graduate this semester! YAY! So I will be working hard to make sure I pass all my classes and for sure graduate. Both will still be updated, and I will be finishing "A WHOLE NEW WORLD" soon as well. Just don't expect the same level of updates you've gotten over the summer or in the past, as this is such an important semester for me. Thanks for understanding in advance.

...

CHAPTER 50
Honesty and Revelations

Mark couldn't have been any more nervous than he was while standing there in Hound's office. What would happen if Hound hated Alexis? It would be two potential girlfriend's in a row out the door, that's what. He rubbed the back of his head, and finally brought himself to sit down in one of the chairs, with Alexis in the other. Hound was looking between the two of them for a while before finally focusing upon Alexis. "Alright, I'm not exactly a "subtle" mech. Especially with my son," He explained rather poignantly. "So I'm just going to come out and ask what's on my mind. What exactly do you have in mind with this... Relationship?"

"Dad," Mark groaned quietly, looking up at the burly mech.

Alexis shook her head at Mark, waving her hand as if to say "it's fine". Yet Mark still felt a bit embarrassed, even if what Hound said was true, and he wasn't very subtle. "It's fine, really, I get it," Alexis told him rather politely, then stared up at Hound. "I'm not really sure about our "relationship" yet, Mr. Hound," She explained politely. "Mark is a great guy and all, but when we met I'd actually just gotten out of a crappy relationship. Which is why I've been taking this slow with him. I don't want to dive head-first into a relationship before I know he's not a jerk."

Mark wondered how Hound would take the mention of him possibly being a jerk. Would he get angry? Start yelling? After a moment, he got his answer as he gave a small smile. "Well then, ye got a good head on your shoulders at least," Hound explained, nodding his head. "Though, as his father, I will vouch that the son I am raising is far from a "jerk"." He then added. "If he acts like one, ye can call me personally, and I'll teach him the way to properly treat a lady."

"A dad with a chivalrous side," Alexis laughed. "I like you guys already," Mark sighed in relief at that. "But to be fair, he has been a perfect gentleman. That's not the reason we haven't gone on a date yet," She explained, crossing her arms and looking over at him. "That's because he still hasn't given me that ride in the Ferari he promised me."

"In Mirage?" Hound asked, baffled, before turning to Mark. "Do you have a death wish? If Mirage finds out you promised some random girl that he'll have a fit. You know how he feels about humans he doesn't really know." Alexis chuckled a little as Mark hid his face, blushing. "You'll have to forgive him, he and Mirage aren't very... Close, so he has a lot to learn."

"No, he actually tried to warn me," Alexis then added. "So points for not lying to me."

At least there was that coming out of this conversation, he would take the points. He sighed, leaned back, and looked at Hound. "So, has she passed your test or what?" He asked rather nervously. "Because like, I love you, but-."

"No, I need time alone with her for that," Hound replied, looking firmly at him. "So, that means, m'boy, that you have to leave us," Mark looked ready to argue, but Hound gave a look that said not to argue. "Sooner, rather than later."

Mark groaned quietly, but finally got up, and walked out the door. Leaving a somewhat-weary Alexis alone with her potential boyfriend's father. She'd done this before, but the size, and demeanor to him was new, and scared her the slightest bit. "I hope this doesn't mean I said anything wrong," Alexis chuckled quietly. "I really don't mean anything wrong, I swear."