THE BATTLE OF DALLAS: PART 4

CHAPTER 58

The Battle of Dallas: Part 4

Mark, Hound, and Sideswipe arrived just in time to see the awkward situation that Alexis and Mirage were in. Several of the vehicons were down, but there were still many more coming as Mark stumbled forward, firing at the vehicons. It hit several of them, and Alexis turned, puling her arm around him. Mark took a deep breath, and Alexis noticed the guilt in his eyes. "Are you okay?" She questioned, pulling him behind some rubble. "You look really upset."

"I killed Coulton," Mark muttered. "He was going to kill me and I just... I acted on instinct," He added, his voice lowering. "I just... I took a..."

"Mark," Alexis told him, cupping her hand against his cheek. "It's okay... It's okay... We're in a war, and we have to make the tough decisions," Mark nodded his head slowly. "You can't start questioning yourself now because the way things are looking? This is going to get worse before it gets better," She leaned forward, kissing him. "God knows we're going to do a lot of things we may not be totally proud of."

Mark stared at her, and nodded his head slowly, turning as Hound rushed forward, firing off at the two remaining vehicons. Mark looked up at him, as Sideswipe and Mirage flanked either side of him. "Alright, the coast back towards Optimus and the others appears to be clearer now," Hound looked between the two of them. "Kids, come on, let's move!"

Mark took hold of Alexis's hand just as the roof of the building above them collapsed. Mark shoved her back as the building quickly followed, and he could barely see Hound over the rubble as he screamed out his name. "MARK! ALEXIS!"

Mark watched as the much faster Sideswipe moved like a speed skater for them. As the rubble crashed down, he shielded the two with his body, rolling out of the way as quickly as he could while taking the brunt of the damage. His optics turned skyward, as several vehicons began to leap from a nearby building. Sideswipe set his charge and his girlfriend on the ground, bringing his blades out quickly, he turned, and leapt violently into the air. He carved through one vehicon like butter. The next he fired at repeatedly, reducing its spark to nothing.

Mark and Alexis backed up quickly, firing off as best he could at the vehicons. But Sideswipe clearly had things handled, he next thrust several of them into each other. Finally, he impaled two, and used their bodies to beat one into submission before taking out his guns and aiming at two vehicons who had attempted to rush at him from either side. "What do you think boys? Want to end up like the rest of your little buddies?" He questioned, and as they charged, he rolled his optics. "Ah, the stupidity of drones." Before, without even batting an optic ridge, he blew holes through both of their heads, quickly holstering his guns as he did.

"Sides, you... You just," Mark finally breathed out as he stared up, his eyes widening. "I... I can't believe that, that rubble it had to slagging hurt." He breathed.

It was only then that Sideswipe finally assessed his damage from rescuing the two human teenagers. Though his paint was almost ruined, and he was in pain, it was worth it. He'd found in these two what Bumblebee had once found in Sam and Mikaela, and later, Carly. He could, and would die for them at the drop of a hat. "Frag my paint job and safety," Sideswipe commented, looking at them. "You two are FAR more important," He peered over his shoulder at the rubble, which now separated them from their comrades. "They're definitely trying to separate us, or at least you." He noted as he brought his blades out.

"Well if you could pull off that awesome Rambo-type slag you did back there," Mark shook his head. "I think we'll be fine."

Mark nodded his head slightly, gripping harder onto his gun now and prepared for anything. Alexis groaned quietly, shaking her head. "You know, I'm starting to see why being an Autobot ally might not always be the best idea," She muttered under her breath, gaining a glare from them both. "Sorry, but that's like the fifth life-or-death experience we had. I can't be the only one thinking that."