A DAY TO REMEMBER

CHAPTER 22

A Day to Remember

The rest of the day was filled with excitement around the Autobot side of the base. While most of them went back to their work (mostly Prowl), others decided to enjoy a little high grade and enjoy themselves. Although, even though Mark all but begged them to have a beer, Hound had refused to let him drink with the rest of them. He supposed it was just as well, his father had never let him drink either, insisting he wait until he was twenty-one, even though most teenagers did drink (albeit illegally). Although it frustrated him, Mark had to remind himself that he wasn't going to be on Earth as long as they were, and Hound wanted him to live a long life. So he knew very well why Hound cared about his health enough to go out of his way to make him avoid smoking or drinking.

Watching Crosshairs, Sideswipe, and Mirage drunk however, more than made up for his disappointment. Currently, Crosshairs was slumped over Hound (who looked somewhat annoyed), talking about some old war story the two were involved with. While Sideswipe was babbling at Mirage, who only seemed interested in talking about himself, about battle strategies. Though Mirage's talk about himself was so incoherent Mark could barely tell what he was saying. But he was not alone in his amusement, as the smallest of the Autobots, who he had only talked to a few times, Brains, had joined him on the couch in the Autobots relaxation room.

"Are they always this bad when they're... Is it drunk?" Mark asked.

"Oh yeah, it's truly a sight kid." The former Decepticon drone chuckled "You should see your new old mech when he's hammered, it's even better." Mark laughed a little, a part of him wishing he could see that, and another part not wanting to "Me, this is why I don't do high grade, it just makes a mech do stupid slag."

As if on cue, Crosshairs looked up with an unamused glance. "'Ey! I'm not drunk, just tipsy."

Hound patted his good friend on the shoulder with a deep chuckle as he stood. Mark almost wished he had a camera at the moment, as Crosshairs crashed onto the Transformer-sized couch they were sitting on. "Yep, totally sober." Hound laughed lightly "Primus, yer all a bunch of lightweights, I had plenty to drink and I don't even have a buzz yet."

Mark shook his head, and laughed lightly. He wasn't sure if he was impressed by Hound's statement, or a little worried. Yet the mech merely gave a hardy laugh that made his loose plating jiggle a little. "Don't worry younglin', I don't drink often." Mark nodded his head, chuckling a little "And you fragging well better believe if I get drunk it won't be around ye. I'm afraid of the blackmail you'd have on me."

Brains nudged Mark for a moment. "All the more reason to get him to drink more, eh kid?"

"Don't encourage him." Hound frowned "Primus knows that Sideswipe encourages his mischievous side more than enough." He chuckled lightly.

As if on cue, Sideswipe slapped his knee in response, trying to look serious. But Mark noticed quite quickly that he was failing at that, especially when he began to talk. "I will have you know Hound that I am an excellent role model!" He said loudly and proudly, though very slurred "I was even thinking I should be his caretaker instead of you!"

Even in his intoxicated state, Mirage gave an amused snort and laughed. "Sideswipe, mon ami, the world is certainly not ready for the sparkling you would raise." He said with more laughter.

Sideswipe gave a pout in his friend's direction, though Mark couldn't help but laugh himself. There was no way that Sideswipe was father material, right now at least. As he understood, he wasn't too much older than Bumblebee, who was in his early twenties, and that was far from the right time for someone like them to have sparklings. "Sorry, Sideswipe, but whether you're a good one or not, this little piston is all mine." Mark found an arm around his shoulder, staring up to find Hound's holoform beside him "What do ye say, kiddo? You had enough of this little exercise in drinking?"