WORRIES AND GOOD NEWS

CHAPTER 19

Worries and Good News

"So you guys are actually going to try and get Optimus back to Earth?"

Drift turned his head as Mark made his way into their communications area. Crosshairs was busy typing away at a large console, trying to pinpoint Optimus's location. Given the fact he was dressed in his pajamas, and rubbing a tired eye, the boy must have heard the commotion, and perhaps conversations and woken up. "Mark, you should go back to bed, sparkling." Drift told him politely "Sincerest apologies if we aroused you from your sleep."

Mark shrugged, yawning quietly. "It's cool." He told him "I wasn't sleeping really soundly anyway. So are you going to tell me what's going on? I though Hound said you guys were letting Optimus do his thing?" The two mechs stood silently, staring at one-another "Come on, I live with you guys, I'm gonna know eventually anyway." He half-muttered "If I couldn't know this, you guys wouldn't have been shouting about this loud enough that I could hear."

Crosshairs sighed, turning around to stare down at Mark. He crossed his arms, and looked at him. "Galvatron's back. Or at least appears to be." Crosshairs explained, watching as Mark's eyes seemed to bug slightly "Which wouldn't be a problem if he were still on his own." He turned around and continued his typing "But with more Decepticons coming we need our true leader, our Prime." He explained.

Mark nodded his head, and chewed his lip slightly. What did this mean for him? Would the Decepticons now target him even more? And what was more, if Optimus came back to Earth, what would he think of him being there? Would he not approve of the fact that the Autobots were housing an orphaned civilian? Let alone the orphaned civilian son of someone that had sought to destroy him? "Do not worry yourself, Mark." Drift stated, as if reading his thoughts "Everything will work out given time."

"And you definitely don't have to worry about Optimus." Mark turned around as Hound entered the room calmly "Part of the reason we even took you in is that it was what he would have done given the situation." Mark nodded his head slowly, after all, this was the reason he had opened their bond, he wanted Hound to hear that from Hound "You really should be asleep right now though, bud. It's late."

Mark shook his head, looking up at him. "I'm up now." He grumbled "It's a little late for that."

Hound sighed, knowing that he could convince Mark to go to sleep in a moment. He carefully stepped up and stopped as he stood beside Crosshairs. As if reading his friend's mind, the mech turned to Hound. " I managed to get an encrypted message to where Optimus should be." Crosshairs told him calmly "Just in case they make an attempt to intercept our message." Hound nodded his head "I suppose it's all up to fate now. If Prime doesn't get it, we're on our own."

Mark looked between them, and sighed a bit. "And what happens if you guys are on your own?" Mark asked, uncertainty in his voice "How powerful is Galavtron exactly? In that new form of his, I mean..." He commented "Because I get going by Chicago that Megatron was..."

"Worse now." Hound admitted "He doesn't run on a spark which makes him difficult to kill." Mark nodded a little, knowing enough about sparks that it made sense "If he gets his hands on an army and attacks us when we're leaderless..." He shook his head a little, his optics softening a bit "Well, it's not going to be pretty, son. Let me tell you that much."

Mark shuddered a bit at the thought, with any luck, maybe that wouldn't happen. But he knew by the looks on the Autobots faces, that there was a good chance it would happen if they didn't get in touch with Optimus. Drift took notice of Mark's growing intensity, and looked toward Hound. "Perhaps we should not be speaking of the more frightening possibilities while a youngling is present." He suggested.