FEARS AND DISCUSSIONS

A/N: So yeah, unfortunately no big fight scene yet, sorry if that disappoints you guys. But don't worry, a big fight IS coming, and it'll spread over several chapters. So there is that to look forward to. :D

And as you may have noticed if you follow them, HaleyMcDonald881 wil be using Mark for her fic Black and Blue I am With You. (Honestly, still honored anyone wants to use him XD) This version of Mark, like the one in "Battle Cry" will be an alternate version of Mark, and will not coincide timeline or storyline-wise with this fic. Just a heads up. :)

...

CHAPTER 51

Fears and Discussions

Just as Mark had worried, Coulton was gone by the time that the Autobots got to his home. Resulting in what could only be described as chaos. Most of the Autobots wanted to hunt him down, while Optimus and Lennox tried to keep the peace. But it was clear that wasn't happening, it was not unlike Optimus's vendetta against Attinger. And who could blame them? They'd been taken advantage of, they ALL had. And to say the least, Mark was among those that was the angriest. This man had said horrible things about his father, and yet here he was, helping the Decepticons murder an entire neighborhood of innocent people.

He hated to say it, but he had the urge to kill somebody, namely Coulton. A part of him, deep in the pits of his stomach wanted to punch him until he bled to death. And yet, that wasn't him, and he knew it. He wasn't even sure he could do that and take another man's life like that given the chance. "Mark?" Mark turned his head silently as he noticed Sideswipe rolling up to him in the main area on the Autobot side of the base. "Are you okay? You practically stormed out of the room at that news."

Mark shook his head, his eyes lifting up towards his guardian and best friend. "I'm just so angry," Mark shook his head, his eyes now trailing to the floor. "After all that mocking, and how I was a traitor to the human race... He went and he murdered all those people with them." He lowered his voice. "I knew Coulton was a scumbag, but this is just... I don't know what I was expecting. That he'd at least have SOME humanity?"

Sideswipe shook his head, though he understood what he meant. They had all thought that maybe there was a shred of humanity in the man, but now they knew there was none. They weren't even sure he was human or not anymore. "Yeah, well, at least it wasn't someone you actually cared about," Mark smirked, knowing that was true. "You know, betrayal is a fragger, but at least this wasn't actual betrayal. Just more confirmation that we should have kicked his sorry aft to the curb months ago."

Mark nodded, knowing that Sidseswipe was right about that much. This wasn't a betrayal, and it was for that reason, Mark felt like they should have seen it coming. "So, Mearing must be ripping whoever hired him apart, huh?" Sideswipe nodded, and Mark chuckled a little. "I barely know her yet, but I would hate to be that government official."

"Oh yeah, you know it. Trust me, someone is DEFINITELY getting fired," Mark nodded, and though he felt bad for them, wondered if they may have been just as guilty. "Don't worry too hard about this, Mark. We're gonna find him, and make sure he pays," The boy smiled, knowing that much was true. "And if he's not brought to justice, it's because either Grimlock ate him... Or someone finally just stepped on him."

Mark thought that either one would have been a good way to see Coulton meet his end. And heaven knew that the man deserved it, big time. Mark then looked thoughtfully in the distance for a long moment, before turning. "Another battle's coming, isn't it?" He asked, grabbing Sideswipe's attention. "Like the one's in Mission City? Chicago? Hong Hong?"

Sideswipe grimaced, almost hating the fact that Mark was no doubt right. Things were coming to a head, and Galvatron was no doubt planning something big. The only thing they could ask themselves at this point was "What?" and "When?". "I'm afraid so, kiddo. There's no avoiding it, we always try, but we never really succeed," Mark tried hard not to be worried about that. "Don't worry though, we'll win the fight, we always do."