PROMISES AND THERAPISTS

A/N: Only a few more filler chapters left before the big battle! :) I'd say two or three more including this one. Just wanted to get a few more fluffy chapters in there before this becomes action-packed. LOL

...

CHAPTER 52

Promises and Therapists

The next week was full of paranoia. Most of the base was on high alert, wanting to make sure that nothing and no one got through. As a result, Alexis was now allowed to visit Mark rather than the other way around. If only because the Autobots were simply terrified to let him out. Which was understandable, because after all, he would be the perfect hostage in case another battle really happened. It was restricting, and for the most part, Mark hated it. But he also knew that he was safest with them, and didn't need to walk out on the streets constantly looking over his shoulder.

For his part, Hound was with him nearly every hour he could be. He watched movies with him, kept him around, and even walked him to bed at night. He knew it was mostly because he was scared, but he also enjoyed it. If only because it felt good to have his father at his side on a constant basis. That night, they were in front of the television, with Mark introducing Hound to his favorite movie of all time. Of course, it was something that Hound thought that he might like, as it involved cars, family, and science-fiction.

"It's still gross that his mom is trying to sleep with him," Hound shuddered, as he watched the adventures of Marty McFly. "I understand she doesn't know he's her child. And I also understand how complicated the whole situation is," He added, though he made another motion with his hand to the screen. "But come on, he should just tell her at this point!"

Mark rolled his eyes, knowing how badly that would end. He'd seen enough time travel movies in his life to know it never worked out well. Something usually went horribly wrong with your future if it happened, after all. "Dad, time travel's complicated. Look up The Butterfly Effect, and you'll see what I mean," He added, taking a handful of popcorn.

"Isn't that a movie you showed me?" Hound asked.

Mark laughed, and patted the mech's leg directly to his right, given he was in his massive lap. He sighed quietly, leaning back against his body calmly. "Good job, dad," Mark told him with a smirk. "You remembered for once." He felt Hound poke at his chest. "What? You always forget the names of movies! This is like, a miracle!" He then added. "Do you remember what it was about?"

Hound looked thoughtful, and Mark chuckled a little. Hound was good with a lot of things, but remembering movies, as much as he liked watching them, was not one of them. Mark chuckled quietly, but Hound looked down with only a playful pout. "Give me a break," Hound laughed himself, narrowing his optics playfully. "My processor ain't the same in my old age. And that's nothing for ye to laugh about."

Mark rolled his eyes, watching the movie closely again. But after a moment, he looked back up at him. "Wait, you're old? I thought the "grumpy old mech" things was kind of an act," Mark laughed a little bit. "How old are you, anyway?"

Hound rolled his optics, wishing he had simply kept his mouth shut. He rubbed the back of his helm, and then looked up at the ceiling for a whole two minutes. "Well, in human terms... I'm around fifty-six," Hound explained rather politely, much to Mark's shock. "Yes, I know. I've been around for a long time, but I'm not even the oldest Autobot there is," He then added. "One of our ranks, Kup, would be in his seventies in human terms."

Mark shook his head, unable to grasp that. Those Autobots, including his foster father, must have been around for an impossibly long amount of time. It was hard to believe that with his jovial personality, Hound came even close to being one of the older ones. "Wow, dad," Mark shook his head. "You're old enough to have known a couple of dinosaurs then, huh?"