13. Ice Cream Hunt

"Don't worry Kook. I'll make her remember you no matter what".

MEANWHILE, DURING THE ICE CREAM HUNT
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"So where do you want to get ice cream, Dongwoo?" You asked with a bright smile and a happy tone while starting the car Cotton brought. It was a Black S-Class Audi "Eomma, can we get gelato?" Dongwoo eagerly asked.

The smile on your face faded a bit, thinking it was where Jungkook took you one day. It's not like he's dead or something but you were just worried.

"Yeah sure!" You said pulling your smile back up from the depths of the sea. You started driving.

"Eomma, that Jungkook is really weird" Dongwoo says with a confused look on his face. "The way he looks at you. It's not right. Only appa should look at you that way!" He says again with an angry tone.

"Hey! I know he's weird, like really weird, but it's okay. Everyone in this world is different. Also stop noticing the way he looks at me. You're too young for that stuff" You said half-laughing and half-serious. He might be young but he's very smart for his age.

While driving you noticed a car had been following you around this whole time. First, it was parked at the hospital a bit far from your car and ever since you left, it's been on your tail. "Weird, maybe we're both going the same way..." You said confused and worried.

"Who's going the same way as us?" Dongwoo asked. You just told him it was nothing and you were being paranoid after all that happened. He seemed convinced.

You got off at the gelato store. Dongwoo's eyes sparkled as you two went inside.

"So, what flavor do you want?" You asked Dongwoo eagerly. He looked at you with a disappointed look on his face. "Just kidding! Chocolate Fudge it is!" You said laughing. Teasing him was too fun. Dongwoo pouted at your teasing.

MEANWHILE BACK AT THE HOSPITAL
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"Where is Ms. Kim? The doctor asked. "She's out but she'll be back in a while", Chanyeol replied with a tiny, I'll say it again, tiny smile on his face.

"Good. She'll be happy to hear this" the doctor said with a reassuring tone. "What is it?" Jungkook asked eagerly.

"The bullet in your chest was obviously, successfully removed and you will recover in no time. We might have...mixed up your reports with a different patients' reports. That's why we said your organs were in an unrepairable state...We might even discharge you tomorrow if your breathing settles down and you have no more pain in you chest" He left saying that with a smile.

Jungkook's eyes lit up with hope, but then he remembered something...SHIT!! He had given you his phone!!!

BACK AT GELATO
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

You suddenly remembered that Jungkook had very dramatically given you his phone.

"No matter what happens to me, you won't let anyone other than yourself know that you have my phone. You know the password, it's your name. Open it when you are alone and you'll know why I saved you."

"Open it when I'm alone, huh?" You said to yourself.

Dongwoo was finally done with his ice cream and so were you but he looked like he was going to fall asleep any second. He really needed a nap.

"You wanna go to Eomma's house? I'll stay with you and appa later, I promise! For now, let's stay at my house. Okay?" You asked Dongwoo. He tiredly nodded his head. You put him in the car, buckled his seatbelt, sent Chanyeol a hesitant text and started driving.