Chapter 30 *

-Mistake last chapter.

-I fixed it tho.

JULIANA THORNE

It felt so good but wrong at the same time. I just can't describe how I feel right now.

Caleb is my best friend but hes kissing me. His lips were so soft and gentle-unlike his brothers.

All my worries were gone once I moved my lips in sync with his. No, it wasnt fireworks like how I imagined a kiss would be like, but It was the most passionate thing.

Like he has been waiting for this moment.

The lake was very quiet except for the waterfall running down. We broke the kiss once it became hard breathing. Caleb never did look at my body. Only my face.

It felt like years ago that we were once little kids, almost embarrassed to look at each other with a shirt off or a bathing suite.

But now look at us..kissing.

We both didn't speak for a few minutes, just staring at each other, thinking over what we just did.

"HEY! what the hell are you two doing?!" Someone shouted.

We both jumped and snapped our heads to the person. An old man stood, glaring at both of us.

I was snapped outta my thoughts and pushed away Caleb, like I have been caught doing something bad and I sunk into the water, to cover myself.

I cant believe I just kissed Caleb.

I can feel the heat creeping up my cheeks as I turned my head away.

"Um, sir we didn't do anything bad." Caleb said, but it sounded like he wasn't sure himself.

"Your on my dang property boy!"

Caleb is my best friend. We shouldn't have kissed. It was nice though. But I don't want things to change between us.

"We're sorry sir. We didn't know." Caleb said sheepishly.

The old man snorted loudly. I quietly giggled and Caleb did too.

"Um, can you give us our clothes please?" I asked awkwardly.

The man narrowed his eyes but then grinned. "No it was your fault you went into that lake naked!" He said sounding ridiculously.

Caleb and I blushed from embarrassment. He smiled sheepishly and swam to the dock. He was about to get out but then noticed the man.

"Uhm, a little privacy please?"

The man rolled his eyes and left. I covered my eyes before Caleb had his whole body out of water.

He chuckled "You can open them now" he said. I opened them and faced Caleb. He had his clothes back on and held out a towel in front of him.

I arched an eyebrow. "I will close my eyes" he promised.

I took one last dunk under water and got out shivering. I was worried. Not because of anyone seeing me naked, but of our kiss.

Will it ruin our friendship? Our things going to be awkward now? And why did I enjoy that, more than I should have?

Caleb wrapped me into the towel he was holding out, then wrapped his arms around me. I decided it was best to ignore talking about the kiss we shared and go on as if nothing happened.

A faint smile played on my lips at the memory a few minutes ago.

"We should go, its getting late." I said getting out of his warm embrace. He sighed and picked up my clothes on the floor.

"Juliana, about that k-"

"Let me just change then we can go before it gets too dark. It's cold isn't it?" I changed the subject.

He paused then forced a tiny smile on his face, nodding and gave me my clothes.

°°

We pull up to my house.

"Thanks for dropping me off caleb, I dont know where my phone is. I guess it's in my room somewhere. Bye see ya tomorrow" I waved

"Bye Julie and text me when you find your phone" he said

I nodded and slammed the car door shut leaving a frowning Caleb behind.

Not noticing a car in the driveway I walk straight to the front door. I grabbed the keys and walked in.

"Honey!" "Juliana"

My mom and dad shouted happily.

A huge smile took over my face, I happily skipped over to them and gave them a big hug.

We pulled away after a few seconds. "Finally your back!"

"We called you a bunch of times to tell you we were coming back home but you never answered."

At that moment I realized Jaxon still has my phone.

"Oh yeah, um I guess I forgot it in my room" I lied.

"Okay you want dinner?" My mom asked, walking into the kitchen.

"No I'm fine" I said

I shut my bedroom door closed and groaned. Why does Jaxon have my phone?

I haven't seen him since two days ago. Wait- where is Jaxon?