Chapter 25

"Monreau!" Eleanor called to me from downstairs as soon as I had stormed out of Harry’s bedroom, flaming with anger. "Monreau, where are you?"

"U-upstairs!" I called back to Eleanor as I descended the stairs to the front living room where Eleanor was standing in the middle of the room.

"Did you see Natalie?" Eleanor whispered as I came closer to her.

I tucked my arms underneath my breasts. “Y-yeah. You won’t believe w-what h-happened.”

"What? What?" Eleanor asked, thirsty for some juicy gossip.

"S-so Harry and I w-were watching m-movies last n-night-"

"I noticed that you two had left." Eleanor pointed out. She suddenly gasped and leaned into me. "Were you two snogging upstairs?"

I burst out laughing, shaking my head back and forth. Just the thought of Harry and I sneaking out to snog brought tears to my eyes from laughing so hard.

"N-no!" I laughed and then calmed down to continue explaining. "Anyways, so I accidentally f-fell asleep in h-his bed last n-night. I h-had changed into my nightie in his r-room and my clothes w-were on the floor the next m-morning b-because Harry stumbled to get t-to the bathroom last n-night. Anyways, sometime d-during the night, he s-stripped down to his b-b-boxers and got in bed again w-with m-me. Then this m-morning, Natalie walked in and th-thought that Harry was s-sleeping with me. But he a-apologized and they are b-back together."

Eleanor gasped. “No way.” she whispered, her eyes wide with the new gossip. “So was she freaking out?”

"Oh y-yeah." I whispered with a nod. 

"Wait, before I get caught up in this gossip again, I was supposed to take you back to your house to get all your clothes. Paul’s orders."

"O-okay. Wait, I h-have something t-to do today." 

"What?"

"It’s the f-funeral for that c-coworker of m-mine that was k-killed when the shop was invaded." I replied quietly, the thought of Harvey being dead still not clicking in my head. 

"Oh. I feel so badly for you. I had no idea." Eleanor admitted and wrapped her arms around me in a quick embrace. "I’ll go with you and be there to support you."

"Th-thank you." I whispered and patted her shoulder. 

"Let’s go and get your clothes, get you changed for the funeral, and I’ll drive you there. And then we can go out for some ice-cream. How is that?" Eleanor offered.

"It s-sounds g-good." I agreed with a grateful smile. 

In the beginning, I wasn’t too fond of Eleanor, but I had grown fond of her. She was a lot more caring than I thought she was. I liked her hyper attitude and her desperate need of gossip. I loved how she was persistent yet really lazy. 

"Oh wait." Eleanor spoke up and blinked quickly. "Perrie told me to tell you something." She tried to remember. "Oh yeah! She said that she wanted to double check on your injuries and check the progress on them. Go to her and we’ll get ready to go to your place."

"How d-do m-my injuries l-look?" I asked Eleanor, wanting her honest opinion. 

"Better. Wasn’t your eye bleeding or something?" Eleanor asked.

I nodded and she gasped. 

"Maybe you should double check with Perrie that your eye is okay and everything." Eleanor pointed out.

We said our brief goodbyes before parting our own separate ways, hers to the kitchen and mine back upstairs to see Perrie.

I went to her room and knocked lightly at the door and then cursing, probably realizing that it was too early for them. But Perrie’s cheerful voice put my nerves to ease.