Chapter 71

“Monreau.” I heard a voice call to me, pulling me from my depressed and numb state. “Can we talk about this?”

“I can’t, P-Perrie.” I mumbled. “I don’t know what you w-want m-me to say about this.”

She sighed. “Well, how about we go to the doctor to be sure that you actually are pregnant and then we can discuss whether to get the abortion or not.”

“There is n-no discussion.” I snapped at her, narrowing my eyes at her. She was quite surprised, eyes wide and jaw dropped. “I’m getting an abortion, I h-hate kids and I can’t b-be a m-mother.”

“I think you would be a great mother, if it’s any conciliation.” She said shyly, afraid to say something wrong again.

“What the h-hell are you talking about?” I asked in a slightly rude tone.

“Well, you are a very accepting person.” She reasoned with me. “You’re very smart and active, which would have a great impact on kids. You’re very inspirational to people, myself included, and really have an impact on our lives. You teach a lot of people things when you don’t even try; you make people want to model themselves from you because you’re such a great person. I don’t know if you’d be very motherly since I’ve never seen you with a kid before, but I definitely know that you are always loving. You…you’re a great person.”

“Great p-person?” I couldn’t help but scoff. “I am not a g-great person, not even close. I kill p-people for living, h-hate children, am self-centered, and-“

“Monreau, stop.” Perrie scolded me. “You’re a great person, trust me.”

I sighed, shaking my head.

“If you don’t believe me, what about Harry?” she asked, catching my attention. “Harry thinks that you’re a great woman or he wouldn’t have dated you in the first place. Second of all, Harry wouldn’t have tricked you like this if he didn’t believe that you would be the perfect mother to his children. He trusts you, Monreau and I think it’s time that you trust yourself.”

She had very valid points, though they were difficult to wrap my head fully around. I took her points into consideration, though I wasn’t swayed. I never was swayed easily at all.

“Thanks for l-letting m-me stay with you guys f-for now.” I changed the subject. “I’m really thankful that you and Zayn o-opened up your house to m-me.”

“Well, you are like family to us. We wouldn’t just let you live on the street.”

I smiled.

“Do you want some tea or something?” she offered. “Or a shower? Because you stink.”

I laughed, my head falling onto my crossed shins. “I know I s-stink.”

“How about I make tea and you have a shower, sound good?”

I nodded. “By the way, thank you, P-Perrie for talking to m-me like this. You’re a g-great friend.” I confessed, wrapping my arms around her and burying my face in her shoulder-length lilac hair. She hugged me back.

I had helped Perrie when she found out when she was pregnant with Brooke, so maybe this was her way of reciprocating that in a similar way. Though she wanted to keep Brooke and I want to get rid of whatever was inside of me. It was very hard to imagine, though I had to force my head to wrap around it.

I pulled out of the embrace, gave Perrie a smile and then went to the bathroom for a quick shower. I shut the door behind me, undressed and stopped. I stared down at my still flat belly with abs prominent beneath my tanned flesh. There was something growing beneath my abs, something that was feeding off of me. It was a sick thing, really. But this thing inside of me was partially me and partially Harry. This thing was a Swanson and a Styles. This thing was feeding off of me and was using my body as a place to grow. This…creature was living inside of me.