Chapter 62

The sand castle was completed an hour after the construction had begun, and even though it wasn’t even close to the design that I had fabricated in my mind, it was still a monument to be proud of. The towers that I had imagined would be on the corners of the castle were nothing but flopped over cylindrical stacked sand. The moat that I had designed collapsed in on itself repeatedly, filling with sand. And although the structure wasn’t as strong as I had pictured, I was proud that I had made this castle with Harry in just under an hour of our time. In that hour, Jake, Bonnie and Anthony had left for their run down the beach without us, my dad enjoying a stroll. In that hour, the beach crowded with surfers, tourists, locals, topless women, and well built men.

I lay down on the sand with a sigh of exasperation, my legs becoming feeble from sitting on them for far too long. The sun blazed down on the sensitive and exposed skin of my breasts. I rolled onto my side to block the sun’s rays from burning the delicate skin. I rested my head on a propped up fist, elbow sinking into the sand, as I watched Harry continue to work on the castle.

My hand was aching incredibly. My muscles have spasms every now and then, making me want to cringe from the pain. I would flinch every now and then when it would ache and shoot pain right up my arm. But I ignored it.

“It’s done, Harry.” I pointed out to him with a quiet giggle.

He looked up from the castle, his eyebrows still frowned in concentration. Sweat had begun to gather on his hairline, although his red hat was able to mask it quite well.

“How about you t-take a break?” I suggested to him, flashing him a subtle grin.

“How about we go inside to get something to eat?” he suggested, leaning back on the sand with his palms pressed against the tiny grains.

“Yeah. I’m kind of hungry.” I agreed with a shrug of my shoulders.

“I don’t doubt you’re hungry. Women on their periods are like vacuums that just devour all the food they can.”

“Shut up.” I laughed, my cheeks blushing slightly.

I stood up from the sand, dusting off the sand that had clung onto my bathing suit whilst I was lying across it. Harry stood to, joining me on our journey back up the hill to the tall beautiful home that was ours for the next fortnight.

The walk was silent, but it was peaceful, as we strolled up the steep trail.

When we arrived inside the house, I sighed with relief when I felt the air conditioning being blast throughout the building.

“It’s fucking hot out there.” Harry groaned.

“Don’t complain.” I scolded him, walking straight into the dining room of the mansion.

I picked up the tiny bronze bell from the centre of the table, ringing it quietly to get the attention of the cooks. I set it down immediately prior to seeing the tan young woman come out from the kitchen to serve us.

“What can I help you with?” she asked us with a cute grin.

“A protein s-smoothie for m-me.” I said and then looked at Harry to see what he wanted.

“Do you have…like…a granola bar or something?” Harry asked her.

She nodded.

“That, please.”

She nodded again and scurried off into the kitchen.

“I’m going to change quickly.” I announced to Harry. “I’ll be b-back in a m-minute.”

“Why do you want to ch- oh yeah, your period. Got it.”

I rolled my eyes, blushing yet again, before retreating from the dining room.