Chapter 58

Harry’s POV:

I lay awake on my bed, staring blankly as the ceiling fan spun around and around on a motor. The only sound I listened to as I thought was the sound of the fan creaking as it pivoted as well as the sound of the rain pattering against my windowpane. But I was much too invested in my thoughts to pay any mind to the rain or creaking that normally would bother me to no ends. But I neglected the sounds and focused on Monreau in my thoughts.

I pulled out my phone from my jeans pocket and dialed back up Andy. I pressed the phone to my ear and listened to it ring three times before it was picked up by Andy.

“Yeah?”

“How’s it going?” I asked.

“Good. You’re dad let me-“

“Just call him Desmond.”

“Okay. As I was saying, Desmond let me get the papers and I’m just reading them now.”

“Good.”

“But there is a problem.”

“Fuck. What it is?” I groaned.

“The contract states that if any gang member harms the others through any form outside of defense, he will be punished with blah-blah-blah. But they refer to either gang member in this situation as ‘he’, so they are both supposedly males. I just hope that that won’t be an issue.”

“I doubt it will be. It’s just because this is the new revelation in the gang situation by adding a girl to it. But how about you try and get it all sorted out in a few hours and then head down with a few of the guys to the East and try and fix this. I need this to work.”

“Look, I know you need this to work and I know you need it to be fast but I think, proper, it will take three hours.”

“Fuck. Whatever. Just get it done and get it fixed and sorted out. Fuck!” I snapped. “Please get this to fucking work, I trust you, mate.”

“I know. I know you trust me. And I know how much Monreau means to you. She means a lot to all of us. She was like the one that got away, but now she’s back and we all couldn’t be happier, and we all really want to see her, mate.”

“You can’t see her yet.”

“Why fucking not?”

“Because I fucking said so, you dick.” I barked at him. “I want this just sorted out so that we can sell the fucking car we stole and get started on my fucking plan.”

“I get that you want to start your plan-“

“If you really got it, you would leave me fucking alone and get to your fucking work.”

“You called me, dipshit.”

“Fuck off.” I mumbled into my phone before aggressively hanging and tossing it down on the bed adjacent to me.

I rubbed my hands over my face, attempting to calm myself down. I have always had anger problems and need to relax them in the slightest. I could feel my face burning red, my heart racing, my temper boiling.

A shower. I told myself that a shower would calm me down.

I rolled off the bed, keeping my hands dug tight in my hair to refrain me from hitting anything.

That bastard better get the job fucking done or I will personally slit his throat from ear to ear. He knows how much this means to me and how important she is, and yet he thinks that its okay to fuck it up.

I undressed quickly, stepping into the shower and turning on the water. I put it on the coldest temperature to cool me down. The cold was alarming to my body and brought me to a state of serene focus. The sound of the water patting against the porcelain drowned out my conscious.