Chapter 92

“Daddy!”

“Yeah?”

“Where’s Atti’s bathing suit?”

“Check my suitcase.”

I wandered over to Harry’s suitcase as I held Atticus on my hip. Atticus was clinging onto the material of my shirt, murmuring gibberish under his breath. I opened Harry’s suitcase with one hand and rummaged through the perfectly folded clothes until I found a tiny pair of swim shorts that were neon blue.

I set Atticus down on the bed, on the changing-mat. I undressed him from his shorts and t-shirts and dirty diaper, putting on a fresh one and his swim trunks. For some reason, he liked being naked, so he would laugh when he was naked.

“What are you doing?” I asked in a baby voice, which I had acquired. “Do you like being naked?”

Atticus gasped with a smile, attempting to laugh, but he wasn’t quite that developed yet. I found myself chuckling at how cute he looked. His smile was so contagious.

“Look at you.” I murmured to him, tickling his ribs, making him smile and gasp out again. “Look at my handsome little man.”

“Ma!” Harry called me.

“Yeah?” I answered back.

“Are you changed yet?”

“No. I’ll be a second.”

I continued to talk to Atticus in a baby voice as I changed into my bathing suit, which consisted of my surfer swimsuit and swim shorts. Atticus flailed his arms around in excitement.

“Hey, there, little man.” I mumbled to him. I picked him up with ease and carried him against my chest with his head rested on my shoulder. I rubbed his back as I walked out of the room to where Harry was standing in only his swim shorts, which matched Atticus’.

“We’re twins.” Harry chuckled, taking Atticus from me. Harry smiled at Atticus as he held him up in front of him. “Hi, Atti. It’s Daddy.” Harry said to Atticus, who smiled and gasped out. “You love Daddy, don’t you? More than Mummy?”

“Hey, he loves me more.” I teased. “I was the one who carried him in my stomach for nine months.”

“But I was the one who was up the entire night the first night we brought him home so I win.”

Harry kissed Atticus’ chubby cheeks, making Atticus smile. His toothless smile was utterly adorable. It made me smile.

“Daddy’s about to kill himself trying to wakeboard.” Harry said to Atticus. “And Atti is going to be in the boat, okay?”

I smiled at how cute Harry was acting with Atticus and walked with him down to the boat where Bonnie, Jake, Anthony, my mum, and my dad were waiting for us. Bonnie ran over to Harry, who had Atticus, and took Atticus from Harry’s hands. Bonnie loved Atticus. Bonnie put on his life vest, which was cutely small, and his tiny sunhat.

“Who’s up first?” my dad asked.

“I’ll go.” I offered, taking my shark-printed board from the boat, dipping it in the water and then setting it back down on the dock. “Can you pass me that life vest?”

Harry tossed me my life vest. I slid it on before stepping into my boots.

“I’m worried about you boarding, honey.” My dad confessed. “You had a baby nearly four months ago.”

“Yeah. It’s been four months. I have recovered.”

“Just because you lost the baby weight does not mean that you recovered.” My dad corrected me.