Chapter 36

"Can we j-just lie here?" I whispered to Harry, my voice even quieter than a whisper.

"What? We have to go back." Harry pointed out.

I scoffed. “Way to p-poke holes in m-my imagination.”

Harry chuckled. “Logic poked holes in your imagination, not me.” he teased and poked my side which made me giggle out. “Maybe you should get some.”

"Sh-shut up." I laughed, smacking the side of his face lightly. "I h-have m-more logic in my p-pinky finger than you have in y-your whole b-body."

"Now that is some bullshit." Harry chuckled and rubbed his palm up and down my side as a sign of comfort, and it worked.

I moved closer to Harry, my chin on his shoulder with my nose on his jaw, my eyes remaining closed as smiled slightly.

"I broke up with Natalie." Harry blurted out.

I had honestly forgotten all about her. I was really glad that Harry broke up with her, it relieved the guilt that I felt from going behind her back.

"R-really?" I asked. "W-when?"

"Last night." Harry replied with a sigh. "It was hard because she was crying, but she left late last night."

"That’s g-good." I admitted, making Harry laugh.

I pecked Harry’s jaw lightly and rested my nose back in the crook of his neck, sighing with happiness.

"How about we stay like this for a few more minutes," Harry offered, "Because I bet they are worried sick and pretty curious as to what my outburst was about."

"Yeah. I c-can just imagine them r-right now." I admitted with a laugh. "I bet that Eleanor is on the v-verge of pissing her p-pants with curiosity."

Harry chuckled. “I bet that Louis is in a worse state.”

I laughed again. He made me laugh so easily, I loved that. He made me so easily happy and it was so comforting.

"Let’s walk b-back now." I sighed and went to get up, but Harry kept his arms around my waist and pulled me back down to lie beside him. "H-Harry." I complained.

"Why don’t instead of walking…we drive?" Harry offered.

"D-drive what?"

"M-Monreau, you really do lack logic." Harry joked and shook his head. "We are sitting in a car."

"You m-must lack a lot of l-logic if you think that, one, this car will t-turn on, and two, we will be able to drive it through that f-fence."

"What’s wrong with the car?" he asked.

"To s-simplify it to your intelligence l-level, parts aren’t that g-good." I mocked and puckered my lips at him in a teasing way.

"Have you tried?" he asked.

"I don’t w-want to burn out the-"

"You can’t judge until you’ve tried." Harry interrupted me.

"That elementary s-school advice d-doesn’t apply to auto mechanics, in this c-case." I teased him more and fully sat him with him still lying beside me.

"Are there keys?" Harry asked.

"Y-yeah but it w-won’t w-work." I deflated his hope. "W-what’s w-wrong with walking?"

"Because I’m too lazy." Harry confessed. "Where are the keys?"

I sighed and opened the glove compartment and took out the three keys that were on a single chain. I pursed my lips as I grabbed the silver key which I put in the ignition and turned.