"Mind you, this better not just be a backflip or something."

He barely met her eyes at first. "B, you trust me, right?" Halfway through asking his question, Embry had to look up at her. A small, unsure smile adorned her face and her eyebrows were furrowed slightly at his words. 

"Of course, Bry." Bronwyn's body swayed, wanting to be closer to him. "I believe I would trust you with my life if it came to that." He nodded, but more to the ground, while wringing his hands.

"I'm going to show you something." Embry was smiling now. "Personally, I think it's pretty cool." He stepped backward and held out his hands to gesture for her to stay where she was. The two lovebirds stood in Sam and Emily's garden, the pack watching from the windows.

"Go ahead. Mind you, this better not just be a backflip or something." Her giggle almost made him forget what they were doing. "If it is you're a drama queen."

Instead of answering to her accusation, he started building up his anger, thinking of anything he could to provoke negative feelings. His body started to shake and Bronwyn could swear she felt the heat radiating off him from several meters away. Embry's bones started cracking and he suddenly grew fur. His fur was sleek, grey with black spots. A darker grey covered his snout.

Before Bronwyn stood a huge, live wolf. The girl fell on her bum, hand over her mouth and eyes open wide. The wolf was breathing heavily. Her eyes met the wolf's, and she clearly recognized them to be Embry's eyes. Suddenly, Bronwyn busted into a laughter filled with pure glee.

"Holy waffles!" She yelled. Bronwyn would've heard Quil's howling laughter from inside, had she not been so focused on Embry moving towards her. "You- Embry!" She shouted excitedly. Mentioned boy, now a wolf, barked back to his imprint with an equal amount of glee.

She held up a hand and the wolf moved his snout so she touched it. Her hands kept rubbing the wolf's neck, ears, back. At one point, she stood up completely only to lay down with her face pressing into the soft fur and arms stretched along its back.

After a solid five minutes, Bronwyn got up off the wolf's back before turning around towards the house. Embry couldn't see her face and whimpered, wondering if she was leaving him.

To his surprise, she ventured over to a box and opened it, grabbing a Frisbee. Embry got excited, readying himself to catch it. This made him look like an actual dog, which made Bronwyn howl with more laughter. Gathering herself slightly, she threw the Frisbee away from the house with as much force as she could. Embry quickly started running after it. Bronwyn glanced into the kitchen, where Quil and Jacob were leaning on each other as they laughed so much that their stomachs hurt. "This is amazing!" It didn't take Embry long to catch it between his teeth and run back to her. He dropped the toy at Bron's feet. "Thank you." She talked to him like he was a little puppy. Embry did not mind one bit. His huge, furry head pushed her teasingly. Her body fell to the grass with the wolf licking her face adoringly while her arms waved around carefully.

▫️▪️▫️

They sat down, both still somewhat tired from running around. Em had changed back to human and put on a pair of shorts. "So that's why you're so hot?"

"You think I'm hot, Bron?" Embry smirked down at her, trying to sound tough while his cheeks flushed red.

"Warm." A red burn filled her cheeks. "I was going to say warm. Like body temperature."

"I'm sure you were." He pulled her closer to him, one arm over her shoulders and one resting on her thigh.