«You daughter is dating a clumsy loser, be careful."

Because she was saving up for his birthday present, Bronwyn decided to work at the bakery instead of spending time with Embry today. The weather outside was delightful, and Bronwyn would be lying if she said she wasn't glancing out the front window every now and then, hoping for her boyfriend to come running in to beg her to be with him instead. Luckily, it started picking up on customers around 18 pm, and Bron was kept busy from her yearning.

After an hour of smiling at people at the register, her facial expression changed when a certain pack of shapeshifters entered. They were laughing, pushing each other, and shirtless. Seth, Quil, Embry and Leah, who also wore a thin shirt, walked up to the register while getting annoyed looks from the old lady who was looking around the bakery.

"Well, hello." Bronwyn greeted them with a small smile. Embry walked over and gave her a peck on the lips before answering. 

"Hey, babe. I need you to ignore everything that comes out of Quil's mouth today." Embry looked into her eyes with humour and fear, which already made Bron laugh. She automatically turned over to the mentioned boy. "He's full of shit."

Suddenly, the old lady appeared beside him and brought up her newspaper to hit Embry's arm with it. He was surprised and jumped away from her clumsily. This also led to him bumping his elbow into the wall, which then led to a pouting puppy. "Watch your language, boy!" She said while handing over some coins to Bronwyn. After the lady left, everyone let out the laughs they had held in.

"Hey Ron, guess who ran into a tree on patrol today because he was thinking about his princess." Leah smirked, actually joining in on the taunting they planned on getting done on their visit.

"Your elegant shaggydog." Quil answered the question while pointing at the mentioned wolf with finger-guns and barking laughter. 

"He did? That's actually hilarious." Bron looked at Embry and clutched his cheek between her fingers. She wiggled them between her fingers like you'd do with a child. "And cute." After they laughed it off, Embry hiding his red face in his imprint's shoulder, Quil went to lean on the doorway between the store and the kitchen to talk to Wynny. Seth and Leah were observing around the room, mesmerized by the baked goodies. Embry and Bronwyn started a conversation about today's patrol, while the girl also helped customers who came by to pay.

In the other room, Quil and Wynny's conversation was simple and sweet. They talked about the basic "How's life going?", until he told her what Leah told Brownyn minutes before. Naturally, he had to change a bit of the info. Wynny didn't know they were shapeshifters.

"He actually ran into a tree? Oh my poor boy, is he okay?"

"He's fine, there's not much damage left to be done to the loser." Quil joked and waved his hand. Embry heard their conversation and decided that was a good time to drag the others out of the bakery and back on patrol. He took a hold of his best friend's t-shirt and waved at Wynny.

"Hey, Wynny! Hope you're doing well. We have to leave now, unfortunately." Embry said before kissing Bronwyn's cheek on the way back past her.

"Hope you come by our house soon, Embry, and you could bring all your lovely friends too!" Wynny answered him.

"You daughter is dating a clumsy loser, be careful." Quil put in the last words before they were out the door. Seth gave one last wave before turning around and jogging outside after Leah.

"I like them, Bronwyn, I really do."

"Me too, mama."