"How is Embry treating you?"

On a rainy day, Quil, Bronwyn and Embry were all at Bronwyn's house. Wynny was at work, and the teens sat by the kitchen island talking while eating blueberry muffins that Bronwyn made that morning. Quil talked about Claire, his imprint, which Bronwyn was very interested in. The conversation showed a different side of Quil that Bronwyn didn't see a lot.

"Can I ask you something, Bronwyn?" Quil asked, smiling at her. Bronwyn sat up straight, ready to be there for whatever he needed. She would be lying if she said Quil was just one of her friends. Sometimes he felt like the brother she never had.

"Of course! Anything, Q," Bron answered, shaking her head as if to signify that he didn't have to ask first.

"How does the imprint feel for you? For Claire?" His eyes showed genuine care, and Bronwyn's heart melted. She glanced over at Embry to see if he noticed, only to see him asleep, head held up by his hand. The girl made a face at her boyfriend before giving her attention back to Quil.

"It feels safe. While it comes with a fear of losing him, everything else feels so safe." Bronwyn gestured with her hands to express her difficulty in choosing the right words.

Quil nodded. "Do you ever get tired of-" He turned his head to Embry, who was now snoring too, before turning back to Bron, "-him?"

Bronwyn ran her fingers lightly through her boyfriend's hair, laughing with Quil. "I know it's cheesy, but no." The girl stood up to grab them something more to drink. "I don't think I could ever get tired of..." Bronwyn struggled. Embry made her feel a lot of things, but it all came back to-.

"Feeling safe?" Quil finished for her, cracking a toothy smile at the girl. Bronwyn breathed out a laugh and closed her eyes for a second before sitting down again with their drinks.

"I'm not always good with words, and the imprint can be very difficult to define. I know I will always be loved, and that's where my safety comes from." She put her hand on top of his on the counter and flashed a sympathetic smile. "I'm sure Claire feels safe too, knowing you're there for her. Always." The two looked at each other for a few seconds, content with the conversation.

"Thanks, Bronwyn."

"Anytime, Quil." While Bronwyn had just filled their glasses with water, she suddenly really craved chocolate. "Want some cocoa?"

"Sounds great, should I wake up sleeping beauty?" They both looked at Embry as he snored, drool starting to make its way out of his mouth.

Bronwyn shrugged her shoulders and smiled. "Sure, he might-" Before she could finish, Quil lifted his glass and threw the water right in Embry's face with a childish grin on his face. Bron covered her smile as she looked at her boyfriend, amused and shocked. The boy shook his head like a wet dog before looking at Quil, betrayed. The front of his hair hung down in front of his face, which was even more amusing for the other two.

Quil laughed loudly at his friend. "She's making cocoa and asked me to wake you up." He said, pointing accusingly at the girl. Now Bronwyn was the one who looked betrayed. 

"Hey, I didn't tell you to throw the water!" Em studied his girlfriend's face as she defended herself, and decided to not take Quil's word for it. However, he didn't bother to get revenge yet.

"Just you wait, Ateara. I'll get you with the cocoa." Quil's laughter died out as he looked at his best friend with wide eyes. Bronwyn began boiling the water, leaning against the kitchen bench. Embry stood up and walked over to her, hugging her around the waist and cuddling into her side for comfort.

"Em, you're soaked! Go get a towel." She said, pushing him away to avoid getting wet.

"Fine." He kissed her cheek before making his way to the bathroom. Quil leaned forward on the island counter, resting his chin on both his hands as he looked at Bronwyn.

"Speaking of soaked, how is Embry treating you?" Bronwyn snorted a laugh before looking at Q with her eyebrows raised.

"We just talked about this, he's great."

He rolled his eyes. "Tell me more." Quil tried to make his voice sound like what he imagined a therapist sounded like.

Embry walked into the room and looked back and forth between them while rubbing his hair with a green towel. "More about what?" He asked.

Quil spared him one look before ignoring him and looking at Bron expectantly. "He never had a girlfriend before, so he might not know what he's doing."

"I see, well I can't complai-" Bronwyn started saying before pouring the boiling water into three cups. 

Embry interrupted her, his cheeks flaming red. "Okay, I don't think this is a conversation we need to have."

Quil kept ignoring him. "You see, I wouldn't know, because I haven't had the unfortunate pleasure of being Embry's imprint." The boy licked his palm before smearing it in Em's face. 

"Ew, that smells! Don't answer him, Bronwyn!" Embry attempted to hold his hands over Quils's mouth, but that only resulted in more spit. "Stop it." He sounded like a child, and Bron shook her head at the two before stirring the finished cocoa. 

"Just tell me this, B. Is he doing you justice in bed?" Quil couldn't even finish his sentence before he started laughing as Em picked him up and they started wrestling.

 "That's it, you dog. You're leaving!" Embry said, laughing a little as well. However, they both quieted when Bronwyn spoke.

"But I made you cocoa." The boys looked at her for a second, then quickly sat down and smiled at her like children who wanted cookies. "That's what I thought."

Author's note - I don't know if this part is any good, sorry about the late updates. I genuinely appreciate your votes and comments so so much, but don't have as much time or inspiration to write all the time. However, I love Bronwyn and this book and have planned a couple more chapters to write this month so stay tuned Xx 

ps. Leave any suggestions you have for chapters, and I will try to make it happen <3