"We have the rest of our lives together."

Covid-19 special. I don't know much about corona measures in America. I believe each state has different rules, but I'm using the ones I know from my own country.

March 2020; the month that we lost to quarantine. Bronwyn and Wynny spent most of their time going on walks and baking at home. Unfortunately, they had to close their bakery due to the virus.

"I'm so bored, mum," Bronwyn complained. She had one leg slung over the back of the sofa she lay on. Different smells wafted from the kitchen and made her want to eat more to cure her boredom. Their house was a weird mix of clean and messy, as they had spent some time cleaning the house but didn't bother as much with all the blankets that lay around the house.

"We already baked three rounds of pastries today, pumpkin. Why don't you ask Embry if he wants to come over?" Wynny suggested. She was really hoping that a visit from Embry could get her daughters' spirits up.

"You know I would do that if I could, but his mum isn't letting him out of the house!" Bronwyn let an arm fall over her face, desperate for cuddles from her boyfriend. She missed him very much, but Tiffany was hit very hard with the paranoia.

"I understand her wanting to protect him, but there has to be a limit. Do you have her number?" Bronwyn sat up on the sofa and looked at her mother. Maybe she could convince Tiffany to at least let Embry go for a walk with her.

"I do."

▫️▪️▫️

"That's lovely, Tiffany! I will make sure she meets him outside. Yes, absolutely. I'll send some pastries with him if you're okay with that? Wonderful. Yes, bye!" Wynny finished the phone call and put her cell on the kitchen island.

"Sounds like good news!" Bronwyn leaned her head on her hands and grinned.

"He will be here in 20, and you have to meet him outside." Wynny just finished her sentence when Bronwyn jumped out of the couch with a happy squeal.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Bronwyn was just about to give her mother a hug of gratitude when she realised she couldn't. "Gratitude from a distance." She awkwardly backed away, making finger guns with her hands, before turning around and running up to her room to change.

Wynny smiled a warm smile at the place where her daughter stood two seconds ago, already missing her. She turned her look to the windows in the kitchen with a sad smile. As the sun shone through, she realized, "I have to clean those windows."

▫️▪️▫️

"He's here!" Bronwyn heard her mother yell from downstairs and quickly ran out of her room while pulling a hoodie over her head. "Remember; No kissing, careful hugs and a little distance while you walk," Wynny said sternly, pointing a finger at Bronwyn as the girl pulled on her shoes.

"I got it, mum, don't worry!" She opened the door and stepped out into the evening sun. "See you later!"

"Bye, honey! Hey Embry, come to say hi before you leave and I'll bring you some pastries to take home." Wynny waved at the kids with a smile.

"Miss talking to you, Wynny! I'll make sure to stop by when we get back." And with that, the two left.

▫️▪️▫️

They eventually walked into the forest. Their hands brushed against each other several times and their cheeks turned red from the evening cold. "I've missed you so much. I just wish I could hold you." Embry stopped walking, tears in his eyes.

"Baby," Bron reached a hand up and lightly stroked his jaw. "We have the rest of our lives together. Let's beat the virus together first." They smiled at each other, realising that they would have to make the best of it.

"The boys miss you almost as much as I do." They kept walking and Embry took every chance he got to look up at his imprint. His girlfriend.

"I miss them. They're like an extension of my own family. Or a second family."

"When this is all over, I bet we'll be together even more than before." He chuckled at the thought.

"I've been meaning to ask you all if we can play a game of football some time." Bronwyn stopped when they got to a clearing of flowers and sat down some feet apart.

"You want to play American football?" Embry looked at her with furrowed eyebrows and Bron gave him an unimpressed look.

"No thank you, I meant soccer."

"Oh, no doubt they'll say yes. Not only do the boys love a good competition, but the energy we're storing from staying inside? It's crazy." Bronwyn chuckled, imagining the wolves shaking with built-up energy.

The conversation dimmed to a comfortable silence. Embry felt his heart fill up with love just by looking at her. His mind drifted to the ring he had in his room. The thin golden band with a white jewel and beautiful decoration around it. Embry was going to propose to Bronwyn, but then the virus came and the timing was just not right. He wanted to hold her in his arms when she gave him the answer.

It saddened him to wait, but as he looked into her eyes, he knew that he could wait. She would be there when the moment was right.