"I was cold"

After Bronwyn and Leah finished two movies, the female shapeshifter headed home.

"Bye, Leah! Say hi to Seth for me." Bronwyn waved from the doorstep. Leah turned around to give a little wave back.

"I will!" Bronwyn walked back inside after closing the door and made her way into the kitchen where Wynny stood by the kitchen island, kneading a dough. Queen, their cat, stopped rubbing against her legs to cuddle up to Bronwyn's instead.

"Do you need help with that?" The mother gave her daughter half the dough and together, they spend an hour talking about boys, life, and embarrassing stories while making buns.

▫️▪️▫️

"Thank you for helping me, honey."

"No problem, mom. Any time." She gave her mother a hug.

"I like Leah, by the way. She seems like a great friend to have."

"She really is! Embry's friends can be a bit much sometimes and it's good to have her there too." The conversation ended with that, and a smile on both ladies' faces.

▫️▪️▫️

After leaving her boyfriend earlier, Bronwyn felt a big part of her missing him. She tried to drown it out by doing homework but it simply didn't suffice. Every word she wrote could turn into a thought of Embry, and Bronwyn almost felt lost. Eventually, she decided to head to bed instead.

Big surprise: Bronwyn couldn't sleep. Something about not having Embry beside her felt wrong. She huffed after realizing how desperate she was, but gave in and picked up her phone from the nightstand.

Please come over after patrol x

Her eyebrows met in a frown as she looked at the message, before deciding to change it.

Come over after patrol, need cuddles.

After sending the text, Bronwyn opened her window for Embry to jump in when he arrived. Air immediately blew inside her room, making a chill go down her spine.

Before laying down again, the teenager picked up several blankets and laid them on top of herself on the bed. A sigh left her mouth in content. Her phone buzzed, but she chose to not let her arms out of the cocoon of blankets.

About half an hour later, Bronwyn opened her eyes after hearing shuffling in the grass outside.

In through the window came Embry, body sweaty and hair a mess. "Hey, babe." The boy lifted his head when Bronwyn greeted him, taking in the sight. He turned around to adjust the window so it was just ajar, before turning back to his girlfriend.

Bronwyn lay on her back under a heap of blankets in the middle of the bed. Her hair was up in a loose bun and the blankets covered her up to her collarbones. "Hi, came as fast as I could." A silence fell over them as they held eye contact. Embry's face held an amused look that made Bronwyn happy to have him there. He was also shirtless, which wasn't exactly an issue either.

"I was cold."

«Is there any way I could help with that situation, queen of blankets?» Embry was already moving towards the bed when Bronwyn opened her arms wide for him.

Eventually, her boyfriend joining her in bed led to them not needing all the blankets. In the end, they cuddled under one carpet as Embry warmed Bronwyn's body and soul. It was a good night's sleep for both of them.