"Alright, dork. You were right"

When April came to an end, Bronwyn was surprised to get a message from Esme Cullen. They had sent few messages since the last time the kind woman ordered from Wynny's. Bronwyn became curious as to what Esme wanted: They hadn't opened the bakery yet. The girl glanced out her window at the rain before looking down at her phone to check the message.

Hello Bronwyn! I wanted to ask if you wanted to visit us this weekend? We can't get sick, so there would be no hazard for you. Best, Esme.

Esme is a very sweet woman, Bronwyn thought.

That sounds very nice, Esme, what will we be doing? Best, Bronwyn.

I was wondering if you could teach me to bake something? :) Even though we can't eat it, you can never learn enough, right?

Bronwyn smiled down at her phone before remembering something. She made a face before answering.

Absolutely, I would love to! But, is it possible I can bring Embry? 

Esme made a similar face on the other end, wondering how her family would react. Maybe she doesn't have to tell them?

Of course! Would love to have you both here. We'll decide a time later?

Yes, can't wait. Have a nice day, Esme!

You too, Bronwyn! Say hi to your mother for me.

▫️▪️▫️

The day came quickly. Embry was stomping behind his girlfriend begrudgingly. "Do you want to drive, Em?" The two walked towards the car.

"I don't want to go at all, B." He stopped walking and she turned around to look at him, pouting. They held eye contact for a long time before Embry kept walking to the car and Bronwyn made a small celebration-dance before getting in front of the wheel. "I'm just going so I can watch over you," Embry said when they drove away from Bronwyn's house. 

"I'm sure it's going to be fun."

▫️▪️▫️

Bronwyn and Embry stood outside the Cullens' house at midday. Bronwyn was rolling on her heels and Embry had his arms crossed. The couple looked like they could be in a movie called "opposites attract".

"You're cute when you're annoyed," Bronwyn said to Embry with a small smile.

"And you're cute all the time." He answered her, smiling back as Emmett opened the door. Maybe this won't be so bad if Bronwyn is here, he thought.

"Hey, lovebirds! Nice to finally meet you, Bronwyn." Emmett's voice was booming and Bronwyn felt overwhelmed as she walked into the house and realised not all the siblings were home. Embry walked after her, giving the broad vampire a nod.

"Very nice to meet you too." Bronwyn shook his hand, which was alarmingly cold. 

"I'm Emmett. That's my girl, Rosalie. You've met Carlisle and Esme." Emmett led the girl through to the kitchen. Embry walked by his girlfriend's side, trying his best not to breath in. 

"You have a very nice house. And this kitchen!" The girl gestured with her arms as she got excited. "This is a gorgeous kitchen."

▫️▪️▫️

"Will you whip the cream, Rosalie?" Bronwyn asked before pouring the mixture into the cupcake liners. Esme was using the spatula to make sure they put all the mixture to good use.

"Yes, chef." The vampire answered her, picking up the mixer. They filled two more cupcake liners, then Bronwyn remembered something and quickly turned around.

"Rose-" Suddenly, instead of jumping when she was startled, Rosalie sped up... vampire style.

The blonde turned the mixer off. "What?" Rosalie sounded frustrated and turned to Bronwyn who was just staring at the bowl wide-eyed.

"You should add sugar," Bron said before making a weird sound with her mouth. "And you made butter."

▫️▪️▫️

Bronwyn, Embry, Rosalie and Emmett had moved to the living room, just sitting on the sofas and talking. 

The boys were surprisingly chummy with each other, joking around with each other like any other day. It looked a lot like the werewolf was having a good time. Bronwyn smiled constantly, very happy to be social after the two months in self-quarantine. 

"How is it to follow someone's orders like a dog?" Rosalie teased with a smirk as her boyfriend held up his hand for a high-five. 

"At least I don't smell like death." Embry quipped back. He leaned forwards and waved his hand in front of his nose for a second before leaning back and looking at a frowning Bronwyn. 

"Embry!" She scolded, shocked at him insulting the vampires she was trying to befriend.

"Vampires have a distinct smell to us wolves, B." Embry pouted at her. She realized that said vampires probably understood that.

"Oh." Bronwyn bit her cheek. "I don't know what to say to that." She whispered before starting a new conversation.

▫️▪️▫️

Eventually, the visit came to an end. Embry and Bronwyn said their goodbyes, promising to come back sometime, before getting in the car and driving home. Both were exhausted from a long day of socialising. They laughed and talked about this and that, holding each others' hand. Quiet music was playing from the radio and the rain had stopped, so they could see the sun sinking into the distance.

"I love you," Embry said after they laughed at Bronwyn pointing out how Embry screamed when Rosalie appeared beside him in vampire speed while they were baking.

"I love you too," Bronwyn answered. She felt her heart pumping faster. I will never get over the high of loving him, Bron thought. They pulled into her driveway and Embry turned the car off. The couple spent several moments just looking at each other, again. 

Embry interrupted the silence. "Can I kiss you?" His voice was low and he leaned towards Bronwyn slowly. 

"Maybe a small one... If you say I was right." The boy rolled his eyes and scoffed a laugh.

Bronwyn tried to look serious but ultimately failed. "Alright, dork". Embry flashed a goofy grin before he finally admitted it. "You were right."