"Are you gonna greet her with a smooch?"

Monday after the baking lesson, Bronwyn had her first day at the local school. In the morning, her mother packed her an amazing lunch. Wynny and Bronwyn ate breakfast together while holding small conversations until the teenager headed out the door. She drove her black scooter to school and parked it in the mc parking area.

The sound of her scooter was quite new around the reservation, and the wolf pack all turned their heads when Bron parked. "There's your girl, Em. Are you gonna greet her with a smooch?" Paul wiggled his fingers at the lovesick puppy.

"Or declare your love?" Quil jumped on the teasing-train.

"Get down on one knee and get that part over with?" Seth grinned, happy to be a part of the boys.

"You should-" Jared started saying something, but Kim gave him a deadly glare that made him shut up immediately.

"Let the poor boy be." The whole time, Embry tried jokingly pushing the boys away, but his gaze was stuck on his imprint.

"Hey, Bronwyn!" Embry started walking towards her with a small smile on his face. He had no intention of doing any of the things the other wolves asked him to do, even though he really wanted to. Unfortunately for him, he wouldn't even have the option.

Leah tripped him while he was so focused on Bronwyn, and approached her before him. "Hi, Ronny!" The female shapeshifter linked her arm with hers, and the two walked to the school.

"Hello, Lee, it's nice to see you again." Leah always marveled slightly at how polite her new friend was. "Why did you do that to Em?"

Leah simply shrugged to answer the question. "I'm so excited to have you at school with me." Bronwyn turned around once to glance at Embry, who just got up off the ground. She lifted the arm that Leah wasn't holding captive to wave at him, and the situation magically felt more okay to Embry.

"Such a lovesick puppy." 

▫️▪️▫️

When lunch rolled around, Bronwyn had gone through English Literature with Kim and Quil and biology with Jacob and Embry. One of those classes were specifically interesting.

Namely, biology.

Firstly, Jacob sat down next to her with a smirk. Black looked over at his friend and in response, Bronwyn could swear Embry growled back at him. 

Secondly, there was an incident where she leaned over to Jacob to ask him about one of the tasks. "I don't know either, sorry." Only a second later there was a loud shuffle behind them.

Embry picked up his chair and forced it down in between hers and Jacob's. "I know the answer, let me see." He was stuttering, like he was shy to offer his help, but the way he did it seemed more determined. Bronwyn let him help her throughout the rest of the class, either smiling up at him or frowning down at the task.

▫️▪️▫️.

"Thank you for helping me, Em." She packed her books together in a compact pile and lifted it into her arms. 

"Yes Em, that was so nice of you. I bet it took everything in you." Jacob joked.

Embry ignored him, but Bronwyn saw him blush before he answered. "Any time, B."

▫️▪️▫️

At lunch, Embry, Jacob, and Bronwyn met up with the other boys and girls. Apparently, they had a table that was somehow 'theirs'. "That sounds kind of unnecessary. What makes this table different?" Bron frowned up at the two boys who walked on either side of her. A gust of wind blew through the halls and she pulled her cardigan close around her. Embry rested a hand on the low of her back.

"It's ours." Jacob answered the girl. She rolled her eyes about him and chuckled.

After picking up her food, Bronwyn felt like everyone was looking at them as they strolled towards 'their' table. She pulled her arms closer to her body, feeling slightly insecure at the curious and judging eyes of the other students.

"You don't need to worry about them." Embry's voice was low and husky as he leaned down to mumble in her ear. His hand found its place on the low of her back again. The motion gave her a warm sense of comfort. They sat down in the open seats the others had left for them, and all worries washed away from Bronwyn's shoulders.