Prologue

Prologue.

The salt air always cleared his brain and made him forget his troubles. That was why he had decided to go over and visit the rocky shore, he wanted was to get away from the haunting memories of his past.

Suddenly he froze; the wind brought with it the sweet notes of a voice. Obviously belonging to a female, it was at the same time unlike anything he had ever heard before. It was something he had always imagined a siren’s voice to sound like. The voice was coming from the direction of the shore and he followed, wondering who the owner was and hoping he would catch sight of her.

Rounding the corner, he came to the rocky beach with the salt air blowing fiercely against his face, bringing with it the spray of the waves as they crashed on the shore. Sitting among the rocks was a beautiful figure with long auburn locks blowing in the wind. She was facing the open waters, making it impossible to see her face. Who was she and why was she singing on the rocks all by herself?

He was afraid to frighten her but at the same time wanted to get closer, so he took several steps in her direction. The song stopped abruptly and she turned to face him. All at once he found himself mesmerized by a pair of seaweed colored eyes. He had to admit, of all the creatures he had ever come across, she was without a doubt, the loveliest. She stared at him for a moment, before nodding in his direction, her eyes pointing to something behind him. Tearing his gaze away, he glanced behind him but saw nothing. Turning back around, to his surprise he found nothing but the rocks and the waves.

The mysterious girl with the lovely voice had disappeared, evaporated into thin air, and there was no trace of her anywhere!