2:"This is a milestone in our friendship" (edited 6/23/19)

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Each beep was a signal to get up and start my day. With a groan, I pushed the blankets away from me and stretched my legs and arms, rolling around in bed a couple times. I turned off my alarm and got out of bed, wandering to my closet for clothes. In Texas, the summer weather is definitely hot. Yesterday the temperature got up to 110 degrees. I'm definitely not repeating the mistake of wearing jeans.

I decided on a pair of American Eagle shorts, a cute white top, and a flannel.

Texas weather was suffocating. You couldn't count on weekly weather checks because it changed 24/7. Before I left, I grabbed my bag and Brody's hoodie.

- - -

Pulling into school, I found Alexander's parking spot open... and he was parked next to it. Today, Anden was in the back seat and Willa was in the passenger seat, leaving Alex to sit in the driver's seat. I wouldn't let anyone drive that thing either.

Anden and Willa waved their hands dramatically in my direction and pointed to his old spot. Alex was laughing hysterically, and so was I. When I got out of my car, bag in hand, I still had a smile on my face.

Anden and Willa got out of Alex's Corvette and grinned. "We convinced Alex to give up his parking spot." Willa laughed, leaning into his side. Willa was short compared to Alex's tall stature. I only reached Alex's shoulders, and I was 5'8". Willa had to have been inches shorter than me.

Today, she wore large hoop earrings and another bandana around her neck, only today's color was purple and she wore a matching bandana around her left wrist. Her big red hair was pulled up in a huge messy bun on the top of her head and she wore no makeup.

Not that she needed it.

Willa wasn't... small... but by no means was she big. She was just larger than a lot of other girls at this school. The rest of us are sticks, really. If Willa noticed, she didn't act like it. I liked that about her. She didn't have a care in the world about what other people thought of her.

Alex messed with one of her earrings with a dreamy look in his eyes. Anden cleared her throat, clearly noticing the situation too. Willa seemed oblivious to Alex's actions.

"There's a game this Friday, Gracelynn," Willa chimed.

"You wanna come? We're all going as a group," Alex said as we walked towards the steps.

"Um... I've never been to one, but I've been to charities," I said honestly.

"C'mon, it'll be fun. We can all go to Brody's place afterwards if you only wanna go to that," Anden replies.

"Charities? Like those formal things rich people go to?" Willa asked, playing with the bandana on her wrist.

She was honestly so adorable.

We were all so diverse but we all got along so well.

"Yeah, well, my friend - her parents co-own a company back in California - she used to make me go with her to them." Sharing a part of my life was nice. I hadn't done that a lot.

"So will you go?" Alex asked.

He pulled the doors open, allowing us to walk through. We immediately ran into Remi, who was wearing a beanie, pieces of his hair hanging loosely. "Go to what?"