13:"I have to tell her."(4.08.20)

The following day, the gang bombards me with questions.

"Are you okay-?"

"Can we do anything to help-?"

"Do you need a tampon-?"

I stop them there. "Sure, no, and no." I say, shoving past people in the hallway. I hadn't even cared this morning getting dressed. Today I was wearing a long sleeved, baggy white sweater with grey sweats, my hair pulled up in a messy bun at the top of my head. I even wore my tan slippers.

Anden follows after me and stops with me at my locker

Anden follows after me and stops with me at my locker. "So... How'd you and Brody make up?"

I sigh. "Anden, can we talk about this tomorrow? Or, better yet, never? Your stupid ship won't sail. Get over it," I snap, feeling instant regret.

Anden's face holds no expression. "I'm sorry, I'm just really stressed out right now. I shouldn't have snapped, that was out of line." I admit, feeling guilty. Anden didn't deserve my anger. She'd done nothing to me but be a good friend.

Anden slowly nods. "That's okay. Thanks for apologizing."

"See you in class?" I ask, breathless. Anden was such a forgiving person. She was caring and sweet.

Anden offered a soft smile in response before walking ahead of me to first.

--- ,

"So, you wanna tell us what's going on?" Brody questioned as soon as I sat down at our lunch table.

I shot him a glare before looking around at everyone else, who were surprisingly silent. Remi grabs my hand and squeezes it assuringly. "Whatever it is, you can tell us. We're here for you. I don't know about the rest of the group, but I don't like seeing you all sad like this."

Chimes of agreement are heard from around the table. The look in their eyes were concerned and worried. Even Brody.

With a deep breath, I begin. "When I was six, my mom passed away here. After that, my dad packed up and moved to California and took me with him. There, I met Collette. Our parents co-own a large company together. We were loaded, but we weren't obvious about it. I never told Collette about my mom - her parents did. When she found out she felt bad and pulled me out of my bout of... of depression. Dad and I shared a huge house, but it was basically my own, considering that he always slept at the office and never stopped by to see me. It was basically me raising myself. When I turned seventeen, I told him I wanted to move back to Texas. We argued about it for weeks before he finally agreed. He found the house I live in now and paid for it in cash. I live alone. I don't like him. Now he's seemingly made time for a woman I don't even know. He's getting married on New Year's, and I'm a bridesmaid. I'm a bridesmaid to someone I don't know. And to top it all off, he thinks I have a boyfriend and he wants me to bring him to the wedding." The gang was silently listening my story, occasionally passing glances at each other.