11:"Sounds like someone is jealous..."(4.06.20)

"Look who came in for another win!" I cheer, leaning over the railing that separates Brody and I. Brody had given our team the winning points by running the ball fifty yards all on his own, scoring a touchdown with .23 seconds to spare. It was incredible, not going to lie.

I watched as Brody had looked through the crowd, looking for one person.

Me.

My smile widened as he called me down to the field as he did last Friday. It's unbelievable that I've only known the gang for only two weeks.

Now I was leaning over the railing, standing a couple feet over Brody, watching him smile in gratitude up at me. I felt my chest tighten. His stone eyes bore into mine.

"Well thank you, Noodle, but you say it like you had no faith in me to begin with." Brody jokes, taking a step closer to lean on the railing while he drops his helmet.

"I had an open mind about the game," I shrug.

That was a lie, and I could tell Brody picked up on it.

"Wow, so your faith wasn't in me to begin with? It was in everyone? I. Am. Crushed." He pouted, looking at me with the saddest eyes.

My heart clenched. I sit down on the concrete, my legs dangling over the ramp ending. Brody was four inches to my right, so I reach out to him and grab his bicep. "Don't be like that! You're making me feel bad!" I whine.

Brody smirks and I watch his eyes darken as he takes his new position between my legs, his face close to mine. My heart hammers. "Well let me make you feel better," he mumbled, his breath fanning over my face. I close my eyes. Brody grabs my hand and puts it on his chest.

Even through his jersey and padding, I could feel his heart beating as fast as mine. My eyes opened in shock. Brody leans into me, his lips brushing against mine for only a millisecond before we jumped apart at the sound of Alex's voice.

"Hey, Brody-boy! Nice game!" Alex hoots, jumping over the railing. He goes to Brody with open arms, but Brody shakes his head. "I'm sweaty, man," was his excuse.

I couldn't tell if he was saying it because it was true, or because he wanted to be alone with me. I tell myself it's because he's actually sweaty.

"That's not what you said when you and Gracelynn were super close just a second ago." Anden teases, a smirk resting on her lips.

Brody runs a hand through his dark hair in frustration, looking at me with eyes that were indescribable. But my heart beats loudly anyways.

I push myself up from the ground and walk away. It was late, I needed to get home, and I needed to clear my head. I needed to think about what just happened - what just almost happened. I bring a finger to my mouth. The ghost feeling of his lips were still on mine. I shivered.

"Gracelynn!" I turn around to see Anden, Cora, and Willa running towards me.

"You want to tell us what just happened?" Cora asks, a knowing gleam in her eyes.

I shake my head, embarrassed. "Nothing happened. We didn't kiss. We won't kiss. It shouldn't have happened." I speak.

But I want it to.

The girls look at me with sad eyes. "Do you want to talk about it?" Willa asked, putting her hand on my shoulder.

"No, I just want to go home. I'm pretty tired. I'll see you guys later." I turn around and get in my car.

Everyone else had left the stadium, besides a familiar football player with the number twenty-six on his jersey, who was staring after me as I left.