29:"Mi amor."

After the picnic, Brody drove us back to the beach. We rented a couple of surf boards and hit the sand.

"I'll be honest, I've never been surfing before," Brody chuckled, examining his board.

We set them down for a moment so we could get down to our swimsuits. "Really? I used to go surfing all the time in California!" I exclaimed, pulling my romper down and stepping out of it.

Brody unbuttoned his white shirt. "We don't live around any beaches, so I never had the opportunity." Was his response as he set his shirt next to mine.

"Well let's go!" I shouted, picking up my board. I ran out into the refreshing water.

It was cold, but as I walked further out, I began to grow used to the feeling. Brody followed, carrying his board awkwardly in front of him. "Okay, so how do I do this?" He questioned.

"Set your board on the water, then lay on it. Press all of your weight into your belly button and rest on the board." I waited and watched him ease onto the board. His back muscles flexed as he did so.

I was caught staring whenever Brody turned to me, asking if he was doing it correctly. "Huh? What - oh! Yes, like that. Then you just paddle with your hands. When you approach a wave, bring yourself up to your feet as quickly as possible so you catch it in time." Behind Brody was a small wave.

I pointed at it. "Here's your first try coming up now." Brody turned his head, then began paddling determinedly towards the wave. With a small laugh, I hopped on my own surfboard and followed closely behind. The wave came quickly, and Brody didn't seem too keen on stopping. When the wave approached, I stood up, timing it perfectly.

I was completely lost in the feeling of being back on the water - of feeling the wind in my face. I rode the wave, my arms out. I was grinning when it died, ready to do it again.

Beside me, Brody had wiped out. I couldn't help but laugh at him. He shook his hair out, glaring at me. "You made it look easy!"

"Just practice!" I called.

It took Brody three hours to finally get the hang of it, and when he did I was sure he would live in the ocean. He didn't want to get on the sand, even when eight o'clock ran around. Brody had informed me that our reservation was at eight-thirty, which meant he needed to get out.

Ten minutes later, I had convinced Brody to get out and dry off. It was just the two of us out on the beach now. I slid back into my romper after I dried and waited for Brody to dry off. When he finished, we returned our surfboards to the shop. Brody took my hand as we walked along the boardwalk. Our walk was filled with comfortable silence hanging over us. I loved that Brody made this day fun. He made today something I wouldn't have ever expected, even in a million years.

Brody Parker was unpredictable, and that was that.

Brody led me to a table right off of the beach outside of a large restaurant. Lights hung from the shingles, that being the only light source besides the setting sun. Hues of pink and orange lit up the sky, a third of the sun being visible. Deep purples streaked the sky, making it a complete masterpiece.

It was art.

Brody pushed in my chair for me before walking around the table with a smile on his lips. After he seated himself, our waitor immediately appeared.

"Hola, soy su camarero esta noche. ¿Qué puedo hacer que ustedes dos beban?" ("Hello, I will be your waitor this evening. What can I get you two to drink?")

"Agua, por favor," ("Water, please,") I replied, glancing over my menu towards Brody. He shot me a proud smile before repeating my words.

The waitor left, leaving just the two of us. "I'm proud of you, you know." Brody said, eyeing me oddly. I wished I could play with the hem of my shirt, but I couldn't.