15:"Who doesn't like some good Dirty Dancing?"

Gracelynn's POV

"Gracelynn, you're going to pass!" Brody said for the tenth time in two minutes. I roll my eyes.

"You don't know that," I argue, slamming my book shut, pushing it away from me. I glare at Brody, who seems to find this amusing from the sight of his light smirk.

I just wanted to smack it off of him.

"Let's go do something fun." He sits up from the booth, staring down at me expectantly. I stare up at him crazily.

"We're supposed to be in the middle of a tutoring session-"

"And now we're done. You learned something. Come on," Brody grabs my hand, his large one encasing my small one. I felt my heart jolt as Brody rushed me out of The Grind, barely giving me enough time to grab my books.

"Where are we going?" I ask once we're in his car. Brody just looks at me, a soft smile on his lips.

Those lips that mine miss.

I mentally slap myself. No, I didn't need to think that way. I most definitely do not miss them. What was I even thinking?!

Oh wait, I wasn't.

"You okay, Gracie? You kinda zoned out there." Brody questioned, pulling out of the parking lot.

I silently nod, closing my eyes, leaning against the window. My thoughts attacked me immediately.

My dad, my studies, my friends.

How am I going to come to terms with the fact that my dad is getting married? How am I going to keep my grades up in Spanish? How am I still going to manage to make time for the gang?

Ten minutes later, our silent drive ends when we come to a stop. I force my eyes open to see us parked in front of a paintball park. My eyes slowly avert to Brody, who is wearing a smirk.

"No way," I lock my door and sit in my seat, arms crossed.

Brody chuckled. "Yes, way! I already texted to gang!"

I flinch. "You were texting and driving?!" I exclaim. Brody doesn't respond. He just smirks and gets out of the car.

He strides to the front of the car, turning back. He's surely watching me sulk in his sleek car. I shrink into the material and look away.

I have never been paintballing before, and no - it hadn't been on my bucket list.

Brody comes to my door and opens it, crouching down to meet my eyes. "If you don't get out willingly, I will pull you out of this car and throw you over my shoulder."

My eyes widen in shock. My jaw goes slack. "You wouldn't."

Something in his eyes flicker. "If it's what it'll take for you to experience fun, then yes, Gracelynn. Yes, I would."

I shift, unbuckling my seatbelt before I shove him away so I can get out of the car. I begin walking towards the front doors and look back as the sound of Brody locking his car is heard.

We wait inside a few minutes for everyone to arrive. While we wait, I call captain.

"You wanna go against all this?" Brody directed a finger to himself.

"There's not much to go against," I scoffed.

As everyone filed in and got suited up, we walked outside to the park. Large metal containers and train cars were arranged. We hadn't decided on who's on our teams yet.