28:"Shall we?"

I rode the elevator all the way to the first floor, feeling anxious the entire way. Andy made it sound like I didn't do anything fun unless I was with Brody.

And she was right.

I never did anything out of the ordinary unless I was with him.

The elevator dinged, then the doors opened. In front of me stood Brody, holding a large bouquet of roses in his hand. My hands flew to my mouth, repressing a gasp. Brody stood there, grinning from ear to ear.

"Gracelynn Vaughn, I have a special delivery for you." He said, holding the flowers out in front of me. I still hadn't gotten out of the elevator, but people began to surround the two of us in an attempt to get in. I quickly apologized and hurried out of the elevator, closing more of the distance between us. I took the roses in my hands, admiring how gorgeous they were.

"Brody, you didn't have to do this!" I exclaimed, hugging the bouquet to my chest.

"I know, but what can I say? I'm a hopeless romantic," He winked, earning a childish giggle from me. "So, I have our whole day planned out-"

"Does it involve something rebellious?" I asked.

Brody's eyebrows knitted together in confusion. "Yeah, if you count a nice picnic that overlooks the entire city, followed by surfing, then a romantic dinner by the ocean." He finished. I wanted to cry and laugh at the same time, hearing the words come out of his mouth.

"So, like a date?" I questioned.

Brody chuckled nervously, reaching for the back of his neck. "U-Um, yeah. Yes. Yes, Gracelynn, I am taking you on a date." He stumbled over his words.

"Are you forcing me to go on this date with you?" I teased. Watching him get all flustered was funny, because I have never seen this side of him.

If Alex were around, Brody would've played it off with a flirty, confident response. But here he was, acting like a nervous wreck.

"Well, um, Gracelynn will you go out on a date with me?" Brody anxiously asked. I wanted to laugh at his antics, but he was so cute.

This side of him was adorable and very sweet. "Of course. Let me put these flowers up and get dressed, then I'll be back down." I leaned in to kiss his cheek lightly before turning away towards the elevator.

---

"Well that was quick," Andy said as soon as I walked in. Her eyes were trained on her textbook, unaware of what I was holding in my arms.

"Yeah, well I have a date!" I screamed like a little girl. Andy finally looked up, her eyes widening at the roses.

"Parker gave you those?" She asked, a perfectly plucked eyebrow raised. I set the flowers down on top of my dresser and then proceeded to look through my drawers for something nice to wear.

"Yes! I don't know what to wear. We're going on a picnic, surfing, and then to dinner by the beach." I informed her, throwing clothes out of my dresser.

"Is this your excuse to make our room a mess?" Andy inquired. I could tell she was glaring at me, burning holes into my back, but I was too eager to care.

I was going on a date with Brody Parker.

---

I had decided on a sheer, white romper with spaghetti straps and a cinched waist.