38:"Picture Perfect."

"Never in a million years did I think I would be the one up here giving this speech. I thought that I would be seated along with the rest of my class, watching someone else give a beautiful speech about the fact that we've graduated. But here I am.

I just want to start off by thanking all of my friends, teachers, and family for supporting me and never letting me give up on my studies. I moved here last year an entire year behind in education, and I couldn't be standing here right now without the support I was given. It honestly feels like a dream. I didn't move here thinking I was going to get my life all figured out and become Valedictorian, but it happened anyways. We are such a unique group of graduates.

On my very first day of school, I was included. I was a part of something. A group of friends took me in and guided me through Junior year, and because of them, I'm up here. I didn't do it on my own. I can't take all the credit. You guys made a difference - all of you - all of our class. So don't think that I did all these special things to get to stand up here because I didn't do it, our community did. We all did. We did it. So thank you, thank all of you, for allowing me to come up here and give you a speech, but I don't really want to give you a speech and lecture you about working harder in college.

I want to tell you that I came here with nothing but a lost soul. Here, at this high school, I found my spirit. I found my soul. And I also found my soulmate, but I don't think you are all waiting for me to spill my love story to you. I just wanted to tell you that any person that comes here alone and lost, will definitely come out of this surrounded by success and people that care about you. And that's what high school should be about. Thank you, and good luck with the rest of your live's." I finished, staring back at my graduating class.

---

After the graduation ceremony, the gang and I met up outside of the gym. Willa saw me first and came barrelling towards me, her mascara ruined. "Oh my gosh, we graduated!" She cried into my hair. I laughed and let her go as the rest of the gang came into view.

Willa ran off towards Alexander and gave him the same bone-crushing hug I received.

A familiar pair of pale blue eyes encased mine, making me feel dizzy. Brody's grin was genuine and true. My heart fluttered, seeing him dressed in his red graduation gown. I slowly walked up to him. Even after a year-and-a-half, Brody still made my heart pound the way it did when we danced in his room for the first time.

He took my face in his hands and gave me a quick, tender kiss. "Great speech, Noodle." He said as we broke apart.

I smiled up at him. "I wouldn't have been able to have given it if it weren't for you." I replied.

"Hey, and me!" Alex joked, coming up beside me and giving me a hug. "Great job, Gracelynn. I wouldn't want anyone else to bore me with a speech about how they're better than everyone else."

I pulled away and slugged him hard on the arm. Alex winced and began to rub the spot where I hit him. "Frick, Grace, that hurt!"

"Oh, hush." I replied, smirking.

I felt someone tap on my shoulder and when I turned around it was Cora, Anden, and Andy, smiling back at me.

They engulfed me in a hug that sent my heart soaring. "I can't believe we graduated." Cora squealed.

When they pulled away, I was able to see everyone had gotten in front of me.