23:"It'll be our secret, Brody."

I woke up at eight o'clock in the morning to three missed phone calls from Brody. Panicked, I call him back. After two rings, he answers.

"Good morning, Beautiful Noodle," He spoke cheerily, catching me off-guard.

"What-?"

"Gracelynn!" Collin shouted through the phone, causing me to flinch.

The kid sure does know how to scream.

"Yes, sweetheart?"

"Tommorow is my birthday!" Collin screeched, and I began wondering how Brody hadn't had a wreck already because of it.

"We're pulling into your driveway right now," Brody said. My eyes widened at his words.

"What?" I asked, jumping out of bed. Sure enough, I heard them honk twice from my driveway and laugh over the phone.

With a groan, I asked for two minutes and then hung up, immediately scrambling for something to wear. My hair was still a curled mess from last night, and all I had managed to do before going to bed was take my makeup and dress off.

Finally, I found a pair of skinny jeans, my favorite black bralette, an oversized tan sweater, and matching boots.

My hair was thrown into a messy ponytail as I rushed to the front door, my phone and wallet in hand. Outside, my car was there. Brody and Collin were in it, seemingly jamming out to something.

I walked across the car to the passenger seat, but neither one of them notice me until I opened the door and got in. My eyes met Brody's before his travelled down my body appreciatively.

"You're the cutest cutie of all cute cuties, Noodle." Brody smiled. I blushed, looking away as I buckled my seatbelt. "Come on, Beautiful, take a compliment." He pleaded, grabbing my hand as the radio continued to play.

"Thank you," I muttered, a small smile on my lips.

I wasn't used to the constant compliments and attention. I was used to ignorance and avoidance.

Brody kissed my hand and pulled out of the driveway. Behind us, Collin groaned in disgust. "You guys are gross."

I chuckled at that, thinking about our almost-kiss last night. I don't feel weird about it, because Brody stopped me for a good reason - he didn't want to take advantage of me. Now, any other boy I know wouldn't make the choice he did.

It just made me respect Brody ten times more.

Brody was a great guy...

There's so many reasons to like him, it was hard to only think of one. And it was true, I liked him.

I, Gracelynn Vaughn, like Brody Parker. I like when he grabs my hand. I like when he grabs my waist and pulls me into him. I like when he compliments me, and he says it like it's only for me. Like the description "beautiful" only belonged to me.