33:"This is home."

Thanksgiving flew by quickly, and yes, there was that lovely tension between Brody and I. We haven't really hung out, other than at school. I could never find the time to tell Brody how I felt about him, so I figured that if I held it in this long, why not wait a bit longer? Right?

Our plane tickets came in the mail last week.

I was sitting in fifth period when Cora jumped up and down in the middle of class. Because she was being a distraction, our teacher made her leave, but she didn't hesitate to text me why she was so excited.

Cora-l: We're throwing a Chinese Christmas party!!!

My eyebrows drew together.

Me: Who?

Seconds later, Cora didn't hesitate to reply.

Cora-l: The gang! It's going to be at Brody's place. Be there tomorrow night at seven. Oh, and don't forget your gift for Brody - Anden drew for you and you got him.

My cheeks flushed as I read it over again and again.

What?!

No way.

After several moments of confusion, realization hit me.

"What am I going to get Brody?"

---

Now, here I was at Brody's house surrounded by all of my friends and Brody. It hurt me that he was still upset with me, but the silent treatment just wasn't doing justice anymore. I was tired of not being able to talk to him. It's been almost a month! If he was so upset, he could've talked to me instead of avoiding me every chance he got.

Anger rushed through my veins.

I repressed it, though, and sat down directly in front of him. He sat on the floor, I sat on the couch.

He avoided my gaze as he could, but I could tell he didn't want to.

Once, his eyes met mine. His beautiful orbs softened for a second, then Alex smacked him hard on the back.

"Alexander Beautmont, I swear I will kill you then keep your body hidden in my basement." Brody threatened half-heartedly.

My heart melted a little at the sound of his voice. It sounded so smooth, yet with a bit of rasp. I missed him.

I didn't like being two worlds away from him.

Alexander laughed in response and put Brody into a headlock, messing up his hair.

Willa rolled her eyes at her boyfriend, then decided it was best to pull him off of Brody before something was broken by their rough-housing.

"Boys, if you can't behave then you're going outside." Valerie chimed as she made her way upstairs.

"Yes, ma'am!" The two troublemakers replied in unison.

"Love you, Ma!" Brody added. Valerie shot him a wink before proceeding to ascend the stairs.

The gang and I all sat around seven presents, all of us in a circle.

"Now, I know this isn't really a Chinese Christmas because it's basically you just give the person you drew your present to them, but this is still fun! We can start with Gracelynn." Anden shot me a pointed look as she finished.