24:"How do you feel about California...?"

"Good luck tonight," I said to Brody, standing in front of him.

He was fully dressed in his football uniform, staring down at me. We had somehow managed to get the gang to leave us alone for once, and Brody seemed to enjoy it that way.

The stadium lights flashed on him, the reflections of the lights hitting his features perfectly. My heart sputtered in my chest as he laughed. "Have I ever told you that you're my good luck charm, Noodle?"

I sighed.

If you could stop being such a flirt, that would be great. Thanks, Parker.

"Shut up," I mumbled, shaking my head.

"I'm serious!" He argued. I turned and began to walk towards the gang. All of them were seated next to each other, watching the other boys on the field warm up.

Anden pointed at a guy and said "Look at his butt," To Cora, who squealed.

"Girl go get you some! I'm tired of seeing you all lonely." Cora replied, shoving Anden lightly.

"You should be warming up," I called over my shoulder at Brody, an eyebrow raised.

So irresponsible...

"Maybe if you hugged me I'd be warm!" Brody replied. When I reached the bleachers, I turned to him and shook my head.

"In your dreams, Parker."

"PARKER! Get your butt out on this field right now!" Coach yelled. With a groan, Brody jogged onto the field.

I laughed at his retreating figure.

Sucks to be you, dude.

---

"If we win this game, we'll definitely make it to the finals in a week." Alex informed me, staring at the field. We were in the third quarter, tied 0-0. We were all freezing, thanks to the November winds.

In three weeks will be Thanksgiving, and I had already began to stress about plans. On my other side, Cora elbowed me in the rib. "Look! Brody has the ball!" She yelled, pulling me out of my thoughts.

And she was right. Brody was carrying the ball, sprinting to the end zone. When he arrived, he threw the ball down. I could tell he was yelling something as his hand shot up in the air, pointing to the scoreboard. It changed from 0-0, to 6-0. The crowd erupts I cheers.

---

We won, not that it's that surprising, but everyone was still super excited about it. "We're going to the finals! The Varsity team hasn't made it to the finals in over ten years." Alex hooted, clapping Brody on the back. We were all grinning ear-to-ear at each other.

"Well, this calls for eating out, then," I suggested, an idea in mind.

Remi and I traded a pointed look.

---

"Nobody goes here, Gracelynn." Willa pointed out. The parking lot was deserted, besides our own cars. Brody and I arrived in my car, whilst Willa, Alex, and Anden came in Alex's convertible and Remi and Cora showed up in Cora's car. We were standing outside of the café, everyone but Remi, Brody, and me, contemplating whether or not to give it a shot. We waited for Brody to wash up and change before we headed out, but the rest of us were still wearing red in support of the football team.