PART ONE

❝OUR LOVE IS SIX FEET UNDER, I CAN'T HELP BUT WONDER,❞

(CAST!)

SEBASTIAN STAN AS
JAMES BUCHANAN 'BUCKY' BARNES

TROIAN BELLISARIO AS
CARMEN RIPLEY

LUCY HALE AS
THEO WEAVER

THE WINTER SOLDIER CAST AS
THEIR CHARACTERS

(EXTENDED SUMMARY!)

Someone once told Carmen a promise. A promise that her younger brother would be safe if she left. A promise that her brother would no longer be a missing child who kidnapped. A promise that he wouldn't be murdered right in front of her like their mother was in front of him. Just for that promise to be broken, by the man who broke her. It wasn't until that moment that Carmen knew how much a broken promise could really hurt someone.

So though Carmen forgot her whole self for thirty-five years. She forgot about 'her boys,' she forgot about her brother, she forgets about her father, she forgot about her mother, but there's only one thing Carmen never forgot. The day a promise was broken, Carmen vowed to herself that she would keep her streak of never breaking a promise. And with that she promised herself, for her own sanity, to never keep her feelings bottled up. Because someone once told Carmen that it's not okay to bottle up your emotions.

And she never did bottle her emotions up. She only had Theo to talk to, especially when being on the run from Hydra you couldn't exactly make other friends. But it's when Carmen and Theo see the news that a man Carmen once knew very well came back from being frozen and to fight someone named 'Loki from Asgard' did her interest peak. But in the end, they never went back to see him, at the time it was too dangerous. And even now it still is, but they know they have to go back to Steve once finding out someone from Hydra is back; the winter soldier. Meaning for the second time, Carmen's life is about to change.

Carmen reunites with the one and only Steve Rogers. Along the way meeting Natasha Romanoff - black widow, Sam Wilson - the falcon, and another old friend Bucky Barnes - the winter soldier. All along, for those thirty-five years of Carmen's life, Bucky was always there. And it makes sense why the could never see the winter soldier. Carmen would trigger his memories, or Carmen would help him remember, or if Theo saw him she'd tell Carmen. And Carmen once told herself, 'perhaps we'll meet in another life. I'll be another me, and he'll be another him. And if we find each other, there's no other love that is quite as true as ours.' Except this is the same life, but they are different.