NINE

❝YOU GOT BANGS.❞

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 

   IT WAS SO HARD AT FIRST, SO HARD. It seems to always be that way for Carmen and Bucky, now doesn't it? They just can't seem to grasp the love they deserve to have. Instead, the world of evil gets in the way, at first, it was David Earl and Red skull, and the war itself, and when it finally seemed to get ahold of itself and they kissed, Bucky fell to what they assumed was his death. The second time they both got in the way, for Carmen is afraid of scaring him away, because he's fragile, and Bucky is still trying to grasp the thought of life before being brainwashed. So yeah it was hard, and it still is, but not quite as hard. For he's made good progress, a progress that Carmen didn't force on him. She would never take credit for what he's done, because Carmen was in his position at one point. And it's the most beautiful thing.

Bucky Barnes is saving himself, for only himself.

   It simply started during one of the first days they ran off together and went into hiding. For no one knows more about going into hiding than Carmen and Theo, but in this case, it's only Carmen. Anyway, she had come back from the store where she simply tossed him a journal and said, 'whatever you remember or whatever you feel, write it down. You don't need to tell me, and I won't ever look inside, this is for you and only you.' It was at the point where he wouldn't speak still. During that time where not a word would be said by him, Carmen would usually still talk. She would talk about stupid things, not even trying to trigger his memories, just things that made her laugh or happy, in hopes he'd feel the same.

She'd speak about being a young girl and first getting into swimming, how it felt, and how much she misses it. Carmen would laugh in public about the silly disguises they were in or the people she saw in the street with him. He never found it funny, it never made Bucky happy. But he didn't part from her, because he wouldn't say it but he enjoys her company. Carmen makes him feel more than just the broken and manipulated heart that he is, or that he at least thinks he is. She didn't know it, but she was helping him more than ever. Bucky never wrote in the journal in front of her, but it was filled with so many emotions and some memories he gained. None that he could recall with her, at least that's what he thought. But they were memories nonetheless so they had to of meant something. If Carmen knew this, it'd mean everything.

   But it wasn't until the first time he spoke that really changed it all. It changed more than anyone could know, and Carmen who was still happy to be just with him - even without him speaking - became even happier to be with him, and she would laugh; this time Bucky laughed and was happy too. But anyway, the first time he spoke, Carmen was attempting to make dinner for them. Typically it would be either something they bought while out, but tonight she decided she wanted to make some soup with bread and butter, meanwhile, Bucky was in his small room of the abandoned apartment - Carmen gave him the master bedroom that wasn't all that big at all, but still bigger than the child room she had - was writing in the journal.