TEN

❝I CAN'T KEEP RUNNING.❞

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

CARMEN SHOULD'VE KNOWN THAT THINGS WERE GOING TOO SMOOTHLY, THAT IT WOULDN'T LAST. Waking up this morning she never expected to see an attack made in Vienna, killing the king of Wakanda and twelve others. Let alone an attack that Bucky is accused of. She wasn't sure what went down there but the anger she felt was immense. They needed someone to blame and they blamed Bucky. A false accusation that now Carmen and Bucky have to deal with and live with. More importantly, Bucky now has that one his conscious.

   He made all this progress, and for what? What was it all for? He isn't sure anymore. Right now Bucky feels as if he's fighting for something he'll never a get. His life will never matter to those outside of Carmen and Steve. And what could he do? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

   So with that, Bucky turned the phone off and rubbed his mouth in thought. Meanwhile, Carmen looked back and forth from the blank phone to Bucky. "We need groceries," Bucky told her, standing up from his chair.

   "Wait, what," Carmen said walking over to him. She put a hand on one of his shoulders to turn him around and face her. "Are you crazy?"

   Bucky ignored her and turned around again to put on his jacket, "there's a flea market here today." He said ignoring her.

   "Bucky, you can't leave. At least let me go alone." Carmen tried to argue with him.

   Bucky turned to her, "and what do I do if someone finds out you're with me?" He started to get angry, not at her, but the situation. Besides, God knows he wouldn't be able to live with himself if Carmen got hurt because of him because he let her go alone. She's all he has right now, and she's all he needs right now. "We both go," he told her, "we cover up as much as we can. You aren't dying because of me."

   Carmen knew there was no arguing with him. He's always been stubborn, especially when it comes to her. "Fine," she sighed.

   Thus the two changed and made their way to town where there was, in fact, a flea market. Carmen let Bucky lead the way, and he picked a few items out. The two walked for a few minutes before Bucky stopped at the plums and picked at some. Luckily for the two of them, Bucky knows Romanian well, and Carmen has learned a few words and sentences because of him. But not enough to fully speak it. Therefore she left that to him.

   Bucky asked the man how much the plums were and that he'd like to buy some. Carmen handed him the money and once again the two walked around. The two joked around, both trying to ignore the news they discovered this morning. The duo aren't sure exactly when things started to feel okay with each other, or when he started to trust Carmen. But it was as if no time had passed with them once he did. They balance each other out.