TWO

❝BOLD OF YOU TO ASSUME I'D JUST LEAVE YOU.❞

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆  

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆  

"TELL ME YOU DIDN'T!" Theo Weaver yelled at Carmen. "Tell me you didn't move here just to see Steve Rogers and risk everything! Don't tell me you had run into Maria Hill the first day being here! Tell me right now that Captain freaking America is not on his way right now!" As Theo yelled in a panic, Carmen scrunched her eyes closed and nodded her head yes. She then slowly opened one eye to see Theo's hands covering her face and shaking it. "You know there's only one thing I'm mad at you for right now." She now took her hands off her face and shook her finger. "That you did not tell me Captain America is coming over and I Look Like This!"

   Carmen now opened both her eyes and tilted her head with a chuckle, "i-i'm sorry?" It doesn't surprise her that Theo's not mad at her for the other scenarios, and the fact that Theo is joking being mad for St- Captain America coming over. "Also Mr.America isn't some God. He's human, so no need to fuss." But clearly what Carmen does not know is that this is a big deal to Theo. For one she's never met, Steve. And two, this is someone Carmen loves? Loved? Likes? Liked? Knows? This is someone Carmen used to know and used to love, so she really wants to make a great first impression.

   "Not a big fuss?!" Theo said in an over-exaggerated way. "Of course it is! I feel like we have to hang at least ten American Flags! Red, white, and blue streamers! Play the National Anthem when he walks in! And own a bald eagle as a pet!" Carmen let out a laugh and walked over to Theo, and just as she opened her mouth to speak the front door opened. Carmen literally felt her heart drop and she didn't turn around, instead, Theo had to turn Carmen around. Theo slapped Carmen's arm lightly in shock, "Carmen, th-that's Captain America."

And just that, there he was, looking Carmen in the eyes. "Theo, that's Steve Rogers," She laughed. The only reason laughed is because it doesn't feel right looking at him. For split flash Carmen could've sworn she saw Bucky - no. For a split flash Carmen could've sworn she saw James Barnes standing beside him with his famous bright and flirtatious smile. But nonetheless, he wasn't there and never will be. Because even if he was Carmen knows it wouldn't be the same. It feels so disappointing as she stared at Steve, she figured it would be nothing but happiness. But it wasn't. How could it be? They aren't the same people from Brooklyn, especially Carmen.

Steve sees it too. The Carmen he knows who used be erupted in joyous laughter that he and Bucky Barnes once found great comfort in, and running to embrace him in a hug. And the Steve she knows would already have his arms wide open, waiting for a hug. But instead, tears brimmed their eyes as they just stared, it's not the same. They don't know each other anymore, and it'll take so long for them to get back what they had.